No Buildings O60 Cloverdale

Wakashi

Purchased and installed O60 Cloverdale FTXNA last week, first trip from KSTS to O60 I was surprised to see that there are no buildings showing, people flow, aircraft, vehicles, trees, runways etc all in place for the most part just no buildings.  I have to say this is the first somewhat major problem I have had since being introduced to Orbx months ago, would like to know if there is a solution to the problem?  Running P3DV3, Windows 10, everything Orbx is up to date FTX Central 3, libs, etc.  Thanks in advance, Roger

Ghosttown?

2016-11-30O60Cloverdalenobuildings1.jpg

Airplane painted on the pavement complete with shadow?

2016-11-30O60Cloverdalenobuildings2.jpg

The lumberyard in the background seems to be up and running nicely ;)

2016-11-30O60Cloverdalenobuildings3.jpg

52 minutes ago, BradB said:

Hey Rodger , do you have NA-NCA installed ? :

John,

Yes Sir, I have all NA Regions and using P3DV3.4.  Like I said, I have encountered no problems with any installs until this, caught me by surprise. :o

Thanks, Roger

1 hour ago, Republic DC-9 said:

I'm in the same exact boat, guys?

Welcome aboard Steve! ;)  Hopefully there is a fix in the works, I know of at least 3 others that have the same trouble.  Luckily it was on sale, I bought mine a few days ago and haven't got to actually use it yet.  So I guess we hang around until someone can give us the solution unless we can figure it out and I don't think I can!

8 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Welcome aboard Steve! ;)  Hopefully there is a fix in the works, I know of at least 3 others that have the same trouble.  Luckily it was on sale, I bought mine a few days ago and haven't got to actually use it yet.  So I guess we hang around until someone can give us the solution unless we can figure it out and I don't think I can!

It's an Objectflow problem, I think....but not sure why just impacting Cloverdale or how to fix it...yet...but we'll be helped soon I'm sure.

Steve

I also ran into the same problem myself.  Turns out two BGL files are apparently missing from OrbxDirect's version of O60 Cloverdale.

I have a backup of Prepar3D 3.3 from earlier this year, with all the Orbx stuff installed via FSS's installers.  I recently installed Prepar3D 3.4, with all the Orbx stuff installed via OrbxDirect.

I did a compare (using WinMerge) of the FTX_AA_O60 directory from my 3.3 backup against the OrbxDirect-installed FTX_AA_O60 directory.  It reported the following two files that are in my 3.3 backup, but not in the OrbxDirect-installed directory:

O60_Lib_Airport_P3D.BGL
O60_Lib_GP_Main_P3D.bgl

When I copied those two files over to my Prepar3D 3.4 directory, the problem was resolved.

Looks like Orbx staff may need to issue an OrbxDirect patch for O60, to restore those two files.

Just now, Wakashi said:

Great news DesertPilot, so do you think that if I copied the two files you have posted and pasted them in my directory it may resolve the problem?  Have you made the suggestion to Orbx yet for the patch?

Hopefully Orbx staff will find this thread soon and take care of this.  I think I can't post those two files here myself due to copyright restrictions....

3 minutes ago, DesertPilot said:

Hopefully Orbx staff will find this thread soon and take care of this.  I think I can't post those two files here myself due to copyright restrictions....

Thank you for your input nonetheless, at least now I know the problem and will wait for a solution.  Roger

13 minutes ago, BigCapitalist said:

Oh, just a low pass in a Delta Airlines 777-200....SPEED!!!:blink:

I did my first checkout with the Avatar at very lowwww speed, grreat job Mr. Marshall did on this one too.  Looks like you are going to fast to see anything but a blur! ;)  Sure glad DesertPilot chimed in on this, we owe you one Sir!!

Thanks for everyone who contributed in this thread.

A week ago I've been trying everything I know, but without success.

Special thanks to DesertPilot, for sure well done mate. And Wakashi, BigCapitalist, Replubic DC-9, all by the insistence on seeing solved this mystery.

Now we know what can happen. These are expected incidents in a system transformation as big as this one Orbx did.

Thanks for understanding and help.

Cloverdale at dawn

060ddwan.jpg

Voyager

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

A small error in the installer has been detected and is now fixed.

When I opened FTXC3 (and waited for several minutes), it didn't announce any O60 update. Would users need to uninstall O60 and then reinstall, in order to get the latest installer files? 

Edit: I don't plan to try this myself, in order to save Orbx download costs. Just wondering.

Yes, I think so, it's not an update but a correction, so no one should experience the error that you

solved from now on.

I suspect that if you merely delete the airport entry in ORBX\User Documents\Versions, it will make

the product show as Not installed.

Then it can be re-installed and only the missing files should be downloaded.

Archived