Airport runway bad textures

Pepperman

Hi

Could you please help me with an issue. I purchased, 2 days ago, Meigs Field and Juneau. Meigs Field is amazing and looks great but Juneau has texture problems. When I start on the runway in Juneau, that runway has 2 textures or colours with a hard edge that shimmers and happens all over the ground at the airport. I posted this problem in a forum but it seems no one has replied to help. I don't know why no one has replied to help. I tried to resolve the texture thing myself by running vector airport elevation tool but that did not work. I then went to the folder with freeware airports to see if a Juneau FTXG file needed to be taken out but there was none there. I checked that I had an Alaska or Juneau add on scenery but I don't. And lastly I researched scenery library order but I did not see a solution there.

Could you please help. I'm all out of ideas.

Attached are screenshots of what I am talking about.

Please please help, I want to buy more Orbx stuff but feel nervous and won't until this is resolved.

Thanks for your help.

2016-11-29_23-12-23-677.jpg

2016-11-29_23-12-58-825.jpg

Hi there,

this forum does have a pretty useful search function; plenty of previous posts about elevation issues at PAJN, most of them due to third-party conflicts. For example: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/95017-elevation-problem-in-pajn/?do=findComment&comment=864689

Also worth checking that mesh resolution slider is set to 5m; and I assume you have FTX SAK installed?

As for the second screenshot, that pattern of dark asphalt and bright concrete is deliberate as can be seen on the official screenshots of the product page: https://orbxdirect.com/product/pajn . I assume that the airport looked like this on reference photos when the developer was working on it.

Cheers, Holger 

Thanks for your reply. I checked and my mesh resolution slider was more to the left and so I did what you said and set it to 5m and it worked. Thanks. I won't worry about the squares of dark asphalt and light concrete if that's the way it is. The problem re the runway is solved now. I do have the Alaska Region.

I have another issue that may need to be posted somewhere else but just so you know, I cannot update FTXCentral. When I do the update, I get the new FTXCentral and looks like it is installed, the one that displays the products that I own and shows a checkmark. Then when I quit FTXCentral and open it again, I expect it to be the updated version but it isn't. It opens as the older version...no checkmarks. I tried quite a few times and still it does not update. Why?

I am running FSX Steam version.

Hopefully there is a way of getting the latest FTXCentral version.

Thanks.

Archived