rapid ground texture "morphing" FSX

IainK04

I am in the process of installing FSX on a new PC (win 10 64bit). At every step eg SP1, SP2, FTX Global base, vector, eur LC, Pacific NW and England I checked  that fsx ran ok and rebooted the PC. Some updates were necessary in FTX Central 3. All went well until England was installed and updated. Elevation correction was necessary and subsequently on running FSX the scenery was corrupt (EGCC) as shown in you FAQ re rapid ground texture "morphing". I have replaced  terrain.cfg as described (downloaded version as well) but there was no change. If I run FTX v1 I get a string of errors:-

Custom file does not exist.
E:\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.eu\BLDA2LM.dds
to 
E:\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.eu\BLDZ3LM.BMP

If I select Europe in v1 then the scenery loads correctly but only once. I have uninstalled an reinstalled England but the problem persists. I have the same files functioning correctly in P3D on another drive. What am I doing wrong?

EGCC.JPG

As I said in my post, I have tried this procedure without success so far - in fact I am still following this procedure since step 4 is ....  "Start FSX and check whether the issue has disappeared. If not please post in our respective support forums and let us know where the issue occurs and what steps you've taken thus far". Changing the terrain.cfg has had no effect..

YAs I said in my post, I have tried this procedure without success so far - in fact I am still following this procedure since step 4 is ....  "Start FSX and check whether the issue has disappeared. If not please post in our respective support forums and let us know where the issue occurs and what steps you've taken thus far". Changing the terrain.cfg has had no effect..

After many, many tedious hours I have so far established that:

1. changing terrain.cfg as described here (http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/ )has no effect

2. uninstalling FTX EU ENG has no effect

3. re-installing libraries manually has no effect

4. troubleshooter produced migration_missing.txt = "Invalid files: Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl" but no other error

5. rechecking all the file hashes produced no errors

6. FTX Central v3.0.2.2 made no difference

However, disabling both FTX_EU_ENG_08_CUSTOM and ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE10 in the libraries (had to be both together) resolved the issue - ie no more rapid "morphing". Since disabling these, I have flown in as many areas of Europe as I can in the time with no scenery problems apart from Munich (see attachment) which shows a mixture of summer an winter textures when it should be Autumn. I have also checked all the other continents which so far look OK.

Looks like a bug to me.

Munich.JPG

Hi there,

regarding the lclookup.bgl message please see: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/121621-texture-errors/?do=findComment&comment=1091711

Deactivating the two folder you mentioned will "cripple" both EU ENG and openLC and thus is not a suitable solution. Getting the correct lclookup.bgl installed should fix those texture morphing issues.

As for the juxtaposition of winter and "hard winter" textures please see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/86437-season-transition-problems/

Cheers, Holger

Many thanks for the rapid response. I have copied and pasted lclookup.bgl as advised http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/121621-texture-errors/?do=findComment&comment=1091711 but the scenery corruption is unchanged and the troubleshooter produces migration_missing.txt = "Invalid files: Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl" but no other error. How else can the file be corrected?

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

The answer looks great but I have a couple of problems, my FSX Graphic panel does not look like that, and I don't understand German!?, I have downloaded FTX V3 to try out the free demo packs, so far it's not going so great, Iceland down to 15 FPS around towns, all graphics set to instructions, Tasmania is a mess of mixed up texture morphing, the only one that seems to work ok is pacific north west!, so 1 out of 3?, have applied all of the above fixes but no go, it looks good, when it works!, sorry to be a pain, but I to am getting the dreaded lclookup.bgl file invalid. help!

Hi Nick,

thanks for the reply, yes, libraries up to date, I think I should add that I had the Iceland Demo when it was just  FTX  Central, it ran really well, up dated it with the old support some time ago, got excited when the new FTX Version 3 was out so got it down loaded, then troubles began, Iceland demo slowed right down, and Tasmania Islands a mess, tried all of the above but no go, the lclook.bgl file is date 7/ 12 / 13?, which is odd, I would of thought it have yesterdays date which is when started?

Hi again Nick,

It's amazing what a nights sleep can do for a mind defrag!, looked again today at Freidhelm Gulder's post and the Lclookup.bgl file in zip form is right in front of my nose!!!, to close to the wood to see threes!, and yes, all is working as it should!! thank you all for this and your welcome and interest, one happy bunny customer!!!

Archived