I decided to purchase as a test: Bar Harbor that being the first airport with this new Orbx shopping and purchasing interface. I successfully installed it and found that the runways are half covered with earth and kinda sunken down. So I ran the airport elevation correction thing in the FTX Global VECTOR Configuration Tool. I did this twice and it did not work. I also went into the Bar Harbor control panel and checked off, for one try, FTX Vector and FTX OpenLC NA and for anther try checked them on....no difference.

I'm very upset because since black Friday prices are here I plan on spending over $250 and bar harbor was my test of the new purchasing system. That works great, if only the airport worked great. PLEASE help. It's disappointing to not have this work especially if I want to buy more products but now I feel a little doubtful.

Please anyone tell me how I can fix Bar Harbor? Or I may not be buying anything else.

VERY sad.

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Sorry to hear it did not work straight out the box, a few things to check: First, have you installed any of the FTX Global Freeware packs?

If yes, could you navigate to the freeware folder (from memory it is [FSX]/ORBX/FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS/scenery) and make sure ALL files with KBHB in the name are disabled? These are supposed to be disabled or removed by the installer, but sometimes fail to do so.

If no, could you run a search for "KBHB" in your FSX/P3D folder and post the results?

Wow thanks so much. I took the 2 files out of that folder...I did have NA airport free pack installed, and now it works. Thanks.

Should I have those 2 boxes checked in the Bar Harbor control panel? The 2 named: Vector compatibility which is checked and OpenLC NA which is not....should this last one be checked?

Thanks for helping me out. I will for sure buy more products and now know where to look if a problem as this arises again.

Thanks
Pete... please let me know re the boxes checked or not.

Good to hear, Pete! 

I'll follow up and check if the FTX Central installer needs a tweak, sometimes it's a fluke though.

If you have OpenLC NA installed, check the check box, otherwise leave it unchecked. All it does is enable extra landclass if unchecked, to compensate for lack of good landclass in default vs. OpenLC

Thanks for helping. I have no idea if this has anything to do with install issues re FTX Central but just to let you know, when I launch FTX Central and it asks to pick a simulator, I have to pick FSX and not FSX Steam because if I pick FSX Steam, it does not work and does not launch and gives me an error. So even though I am running FSX Steam, someone on the Forum said to pick FSX only and it works that way. As I said I don't know if that would affect an install.

Thanks.

Pete.

Yes I agree KBHB is an excellent scenery airport. People at Orbx sure do amazing work. And with this file, it wasn't a big deal to find and delete the free add-on files so that the purchased product worked. Now I know for the future.

21 hours ago, Pepperman said:

Thanks for helping. I have no idea if this has anything to do with install issues re FTX Central but just to let you know, when I launch FTX Central and it asks to pick a simulator, I have to pick FSX and not FSX Steam because if I pick FSX Steam, it does not work and does not launch and gives me an error. So even though I am running FSX Steam, someone on the Forum said to pick FSX only and it works that way. As I said I don't know if that would affect an install.

Thanks.

Pete.

Right now there are some difficulties with getting FTX Central to find all the different variations and install locations of FSX + FSX Steam Edition, but selecting normal FSX for Steam is correct in your case.

20 hours ago, GlennH said:

Same thing happened to me. It was the global airports pack. Simple fix to remove  but you would hope the KBHB installer would take care of it

I've followed up to ensure that the installer is disabling necessary files. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/24/2016 at 2:47 PM, Alex Goff said:

Hi Pete,

Sorry to hear it did not work straight out the box, a few things to check: First, have you installed any of the FTX Global Freeware packs?

If yes, could you navigate to the freeware folder (from memory it is [FSX]/ORBX/FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS/scenery) and make sure ALL files with KBHB in the name are disabled? These are supposed to be disabled or removed by the installer, but sometimes fail to do so.

If no, could you run a search for "KBHB" in your FSX/P3D folder and post the results?

This just fixed my issue as well for P3D. I had three files I removed and elevations are now correct. Not sure the installer is working right. I purchased today from ORBXDIRECT and installed directly from the client. 

Thanks

-Dan

Hi Dan,

Just to make sure I've got your situation correct, you had FTX Global Freeware Airports installed first, then installed Bar Harbor via FTX Central?

If that's the case I'll follow up again on the installer, maybe start adding a control panel switch for airports that have an existing freeware version to easily disable. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2016 at 1:11 PM, Alex Goff said:

Hi Dan,

Just to make sure I've got your situation correct, you had FTX Global Freeware Airports installed first, then installed Bar Harbor via FTX Central?

If that's the case I'll follow up again on the installer, maybe start adding a control panel switch for airports that have an existing freeware version to easily disable. 

Hi Alex

You are correct. I had the freeware airports installed using the old method and installed Bar Harbor via FTX Central. 

Thanks

-Dan

Archived