anth1990

I can't seem to get EU England working alongside FTX Global in FSX. I've never had any issues with FTX Global, but after installing EU England my textures have become completely confused across all of England.  
The best way to describe what I mean is with screenshots:

After takeoff from runway 07 EGNT

VkK2Hf2.jpg

Upon reaching the coast the sea appearing as trees:

7fL2pqH.jpg

My scenery priority (copied from instructions found online) - everything above what you can see below is just my addon airport scenery. 

PMdZqk4.png

I'm using FTX Central V3. Can anyone advise if they've had the same problem or where I'm going wrong?

Thanks

Did you successfully place the default terrain.cfg into the root FSX folder (overriding the original) and then start up FTXCentral? this action should reset the terrain.cfg

Also is the issue all over England, or just in this location?, if its just this location is there any 3rd party scenery in the area?

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:47 AM, anth1990 said:

but after installing EU England my textures have become completely confused across ALL of England.

That quote was for Tim :D.

I'm wondering if your FTX Library entry should be above EGHI? Don't get excited as I really don't think its going to make a heap of difference anyway (and everything else certainly looks correctly placed).

You did that migration thing, yes?

Yeah everywhere I've tried in England has the same issue so it appears to be the entire country. I copied the terrain.cfg to my desktop then copied it back overwriting the file in my FSX root folder then started FTX central and it didn't change anything. 

I have done the migration but it keeps asking me to do it still every time I start FTX central so not sure if it's actually working properly? 

I'm using DX10 and have tried running the DX10 texture fixer which usually resolves issues with new scenery but it didn't in this case. I tried switching to DX9 but have the same issue using that.

I've also tried completely reinstalling EU England, running FTX Central as administrator, reverting to my original fsx.cfg file in case it was something conflicting in there but all to no avail. Also moving EGHI below didn't fix it unfortunately but thanks for the suggestion. 

One other thing that may be worth mentioning is I had to manually add EU England into the FSX scenery library as it wouldn't automatically. Hope this helps narrow it down a bit. 

1 hour ago, anth1990 said:

One other thing that may be worth mentioning is I had to manually add EU England into the FSX scenery library as it wouldn't automatically. Hope this helps narrow it down a bit. 

Hmm, this should be happening automatically, and may also point to why the terrain.cfg is not fixing this, let me ping @Ed Correia here as the installer stuff is not my expertise

On 21/11/2016 at 9:25 AM, Ed Correia said:

Can you please run the MigrationTroubleshooter.exe located in the ORBX\Troubleshooter folder and report here the findings.

Also, what version of FSX are you running? Right click the fsx.exe and you'll see the Product Version number.

My version of FSX is 10.0.61472.0.

There is no Troubleshooter folder or MigrationTroubleshooter.exe in my ORBX folder. I searched my entire hard drive for the .exe file and it doesn't exist. 

Archived