FTX Central v3 Crashing

cfelix

My FTX Central V3 is crashing also with "an unexpected error occurred". I have the option of selecting FSX or FSX Steam edition when I run FTX Central V3, even though I have only ever had FSX Steam installed on  the PC. Both options are pointing to C:\steam\steamapps\common\fsx.

If I select the FSX option, FTX Central V3 launches but the control panel button is greyed out in each scenery.

If I select the FSX Steam option then FTX Central V3 crashes straight away.

I am running Windows 10

The Log File is attached.

ftxc3.log

Further to my prior post it is only the FTX Global Base, Open LC Europe that have the control panel button greyed out. FTX Global Vector and the Airports have the control panel option. Can anybody confirm this is correct setup in  FTX Central.

New update.  I just did an FSX repair (Gold & Acceleration) and reinstalled the ORBX library.  Things seem to back to normal and FTX Central is working again.  I really don't know if or why the AI install caused my problems but it's great to be flying again :P.

7 hours ago, klyons said:

My FTX Central V3 is crashing also with "an unexpected error occurred". I have the option of selecting FSX or FSX Steam edition when I run FTX Central V3, even though I have only ever had FSX Steam installed on  the PC. Both options are pointing to C:\steam\steamapps\common\fsx.

If I select the FSX option, FTX Central V3 launches but the control panel button is greyed out in each scenery.

If I select the FSX Steam option then FTX Central V3 crashes straight away.

I am running Windows 10

The Log File is attached.

ftxc3.log

There is a pinned thread at the top of the Orbx Direct and FTX Central v3 forum on this exact subject.

The behaviour of FTX Central that you report is normal, products that don't have a control panel don't

have an active control panel icon.

I will add my threepenny worth here....along the same lines.

I have recently, for the first ever managed to run add ons to FSX Steam. Snag was Steam installed FSX Steam to my D drive whereas I intended to put it on my G 'velociraptor' drive. The other issue was that FTX Central 3 saw it as FSX as against FSX Steam.  I tried moving the folder to the G drive and it ran OK but there were other things which weren't quite right.

All in all I thought it would be best to uninstall FSX Steam and try to get it right afresh.

When I uninstalled the orbx airfields from FTX Central 3 I had a message come up on number of occasions asking me to send you my ftxc3.log. The message would come up and FTX Central would crash. When I restarted FTX Central 3 the airfield I had been uninstalling would have disappeared.

Have now reinstalled Steam edition and after some difficulty finally got FTX Central 3 to recognise the fact that I am using the Steam edition. Hurrah!  

It briefly works, asks me to send you ftxc3.log then crashes. I will attach the latest in case it has changed.

ftxc3.log

39 minutes ago, Haydon the Womble said:

The other issue was that FTX Central 3 saw it as FSX as against FSX Steam.

It seems then that you had the correct configuration and broke it.

If FSX Steam Edition is the only version installed to the PC, please use the FSX choice in FTX Central.

All the advice on this forum states this, including the linked and pinned topic in the post above yours.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say I found Nick's guidance above rather cryptic. Of course its what my father told me....if it ain't broken don't fix it!

I am new to Steam. Put it another way until about a month ago my efforts with Steam have been disappointing. Now it seems to accept the majority of add ons and it's definitely the wat to go as far as FSX is concerned. I come from the generation just before kids started getting some computer training at school. If I have FSx Steam installed it seems UNTIDY to use the basic FSX as the way into FTX Central 3! I'll get over it!

Please forgive my shouting untidy. Seemed absolutely appropriate.

If I can offer some advice Hayden, please create your own support topic instead of piggybacking other issues. If you view this topic the original poster's question and issue became obscured due to two other people adding their own issues to it. It makes the work of support staff like Nick much more difficult when one reported issue becomes three, and not necessarily related to each other.

I see Nick is based in York......trust the river is staying where it is supposed to.

Re John's note. My usual fault, I think, is to create a separate post and then realise someone else has much the same issue.

I take it John is saying that I should join in only if my issue appears to be identical to others. If not start my own issue.

I shall try.

On a lighter note I noticed it getting a bit heated on another page. You had suggested folk hadn't read the instructions correctly and therefore you would be allowing only one download a day in certain circumstances, that went down well! UK law is changing all the time, we had a 'sale of goods act' where if something doesn't work you can get your money back....not sure it ever applied to downloads. Now I think its called the 'consumer rights act' and am sure it doesn't apply in Australia anyway.

I can see that it is in ORBX's interest and indeed in the best interest of the environment for us to avoid unnecessary downloads as far as possible. I am confident the teething problems will be sorted soon.

What is my gripe....oh yes I was looking around Walter Sutton's the other day and found this sad looking character. Shouted in its ear, took its temperature....that usually gets them up and it stll lay down. You might like to call for the vetinary?

Dead_cow.png

Archived