Problems with FSX after a move

baldrick110

Before I start, yes I have done a search and tried some of the suggestions, detailed below.

My setup was working perfectly well, I packed up the PC and peripherals and moved interstate. I unpacked, put it all together and now FSX is refusing to work. First of all it would start up ok but when I tried to load a flight I would get a CTD. I looked in the event log and it seemed to be indicating a problem with the file 'window.dll'.

I put in the original installation disk and selected 'repair',

Now FSX won't start at all and the event log is pointing to 'simprop.dll'

I don't understand why it should stop working when all I have done is move the PC. It currently isn't connected to the internet.

System is Windows 7, i7-930

Thanks for any suggestions.

BTW due to the move and actually learning to fly for real, I have been away from flight simming for a while, some big changes on here!

Hello Baldrick110,

Hello again, I would back up/ then delete the cfg File then rebuild it, also make sure you have the latest.Framework, a handy tool found below. Personally mate it is worth going to P3d. The performance and advancements are great compared.

http://www.asoft.be/prod_netver.html

Thanks Richard,

tried with the cig file, no joy. And when I tried to restart FSX it didn't even get as far as rebuilding the file.

Problem with P3D is that I have so many add-ons, aircraft and scenery in particular, I would want to be sure that they were all compatible.

I just don't understand why I'm having problems now when effectively all I have done is physically move the PC!

Cheers. Tony

Archived