England Won't Install

GrahamP

Hi,

I previously had England installed and working fine with FSX, however I have now uninstalled FSX and installed P3D v3.4 instead on the same Windows 7 installation.  P3D is installed in D:\Prepar3D\ and is working fine.  I have installed two A2A aircraft which are working fine.  The only other addons installed so far are FSUIPC4 and EZDOK.

When I run the England installer it gets to an Options window which says "Select which option you want and click Next to continue" but when I click on the option box arrow the "Please select..." text does not change to anything else, i.e. no choices shown for FSX or P3D.  If I then click on Next nothing happens.  The installation file is the latest available (as of yesterday).  I have rebooted and tried several times without success, with antivirus disabled.

Any help would be appreciated.

(FSS Order No:  187075)

Thanks for the replies.

Richard, I double clicked on the registry fix tool and there was a quick flash (something opening and closing quickly) which I presume was the tool doing its thing.  After a reboot the same thing is still happening.  I don't get any permission errors.

John, the installers (for England and Wales) were both downloaded from Orbx yesterday.

Oops, yes I meant from my FSS account.

Yes, I used Internet Download Manager.

For England the download file size was 3.52GB and the extracted folder size (9 files) is also 3.52GB.  For Wales the download file size was 2.17GB and the extracted folder (6 files) is also 2.17GB.

Hi GrahamP,

For England and Wales those file sizes are correct, a couple of things to run by and double check please.

1. Is your UAC turned off?

2. What is the installer pathway to your Sim? Eg: Are you pointing in the default option of Program Files 86 or is it C/FSX ?

3. Are you using Winrar,7 Zip or a free version?

4. Are you running the installers as Administrator?

5. Have you run the silent configurator in your ORBX/Scripts folder?

Hi Richard,

1. Yes UAC is off.

2. The path to P3D is D:\Prepar3D\  (separate drive from Windows).

3. I'm using WinZip 9.0 SR-1 Evaluation Version (this has always worked perfectly with numerous other OrbX software).

4. I wasn't running the installers as Administrator but I have now and the same thing happen.

5. I don't have an OrbX folder in my P3D installation yet. This is the first OrbX software I've tried to install on P3D.  I found FTXConfigurator.exe in a backup of FSX from before I uninstalled it.  When I run FTXConfigurator.exe (as Administrator and from Desktop) I get an error message:  "FTXConfigurator has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program."

I don't know if it is appropriate for this but I have run the OrbX Registry Fix Tool and it gives the following message:  "No simulators found. The OrbX Registry Fix Tool could not find any OrbX simulator definition files on your compeuter. Please try running FTX Central v2 at least once to get these files."  I'm guessing this is because I haven't been able to install OrbX scenery on P3D, hence I can't run FTX Central because it's not installed.

I don't know if it helps but using Regedit, I can see in HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\  that there are the following three keys:
Prepar3D v3, with a subkey named Licence and with Professional in the data field
Prepar3D v3 Content, with a subkey named SetupPath and with D:\Prepar3D\ in the data field
Prepar3D v3 Scenery, with a subkey named SetupPath and with D:\Prepar3D\ in the data field

The paths in these subkeys are correct for my installation of Prepar3D.

Hi Richard,

I uninstalled Prepar3D and re-installed it in "D:\Prepar3D v3\".  Then the EU England installer detected the P3D installation and installed OK.  I guess the installer didn't recognise "D:\Prepar3D\" without v3 in the folder name.

Now off to install my other OrbX scenery.  Thanks anyway for your time.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue. Previously installed England fine for FSX. Now installing addons for Prepar3d v3.4 and get an error when installing FTX EU England. I get a dialog error window that says:

"Radio Buttons> On Next, Line13: Argument 2 must be of type string.

Stack Traceback:

1:[Radio Buttons> On Next] Line: 13 in main chunk"

I already have FTX PNW, and both California packages installed. I didn't see a solution from this thread. any advice is appreciated.

thanks.

3 minutes ago, sirius_3000 said:

I have the same issue. Previously installed England fine for FSX. Now installing addons for Prepar3d v3.4 and get an error when installing FTX EU England. I get a dialog error window that says:

"Radio Buttons> On Next, Line13: Argument 2 must be of type string.

Stack Traceback:

1:[Radio Buttons> On Next] Line: 13 in main chunk"

I already have FTX PNW, and both California packages installed. I didn't see a solution from this thread. any advice is appreciated.

thanks.

I would highly recommend starting your own thread/post, so it will get the proper visibility and response.

I would also but the answer is that you need to download the latest version of the installer.

There have been very many changes in the way that this can be done.

Please read this topic and the linked topics inside it.

After you have, if you have any more problems, please start the new topic in the right forum.

Archived