FTX Central 2 error launcher

Warrens31

Hello, I've recently purchased FTX : HD Trees on you're website, the installation has been successfull but and then I installed FTX Central, I chose my FlightSim P3DV3 but when I launched FTX Central, an error pop in, on my screen : FTX Central has encountered an unrecoverable error : the invocation of the constructor on the type 'Orbx.FTXCentral.MainWindow [.....] The details have been saved to your desktop as ftxc_error_295.txt.

So the error says : 

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: 'L'invocation du constructeur sur le type 'Orbx.FTXCentral.MainWindow' qui correspond aux contraintes de liaison spécifiées a levé une exception.' numéro de ligne '6' et position de ligne '9'. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Impossible de trouver une partie du chemin d'accès 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Regions'.
   à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   à System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
   à System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
   à System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
   à Orbx.FTXCentral.RegionSwitch.UnifiedMigration.RegionsInstalled()
   à Orbx.FTXCentral.RegionSwitch.UnifiedMigration..ctor()
   à Orbx.FTXCentral.MainWindow..ctor()
   --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
   à System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   à System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   à System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   à System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   à System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
   à System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   à System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   à System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   à System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   à MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   à System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   à MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   à MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   à MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   à MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   à System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   à System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   à System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   à System.Windows.Application.Run()
   à Orbx.FTXCentral.App.Main()

I've purchased this 20$ addon but I can't use it because of my unworking FTX Central, please I would like you to tell me want to do so I can fix that annoying problem.

thank you very much.

Hi and welcome

I don't think FTX Central is required with only Trees HD installed. FTX Central wants to install object libraries that are required for other FTX sceneries but I am guessing there is nothing for it to do if only the the default trees are replaced.

Yeah but the default trees aren't replaced in my P3DV3, they're still here. I thought that I needed FTX Central to "activate" the product because FTX central was automatically installed  after the installation of HD trees. So do you know how could I activate the product on my sim ? Thank you for your answer.

I am not sure, so I hope someone else also chimes in here soon....but I think an older version of FTX Central gets automatically installed with Trees HD that would be useless....I have never come across an instance of someone installing only Trees HD with no other Orbx products installed lol....Also, when Trees HD are installed correctly they do not show up in your scenery library, and I don't think they need to be activated....so have a look in your main P3D folder for P3D\ORBX\Scripts\FTXTreesHD.

Hello Warrens31,

I am not fluent in the French language but it looks like you have a Permissions Error, this may be due to the Default location. I would try running the installer as Admin, turning off your UAC and please explain the process you used for extracting your downloaded files. I look forward to your reply.

So I've try to run the installer as Admin with UAC turned off but it doesn't work anymore. I don't know what do you mean about extracting the downloaded files, I just ran the installer, but I basically use WinRAR to extract files. By the way, looks like an other guy encountered the same problem as me and he resolved it but I didn't understand what he did : "

OK found out that the program wasn't pointing to P3DV3, was only pointing to the drive that P3DV3 was housed in .  Used the RegistryFixTool.exe that is found in C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral to point it to the location that held P3DV3.exe

Problem solved."

http://www.avsim.com/topic/486309-error-report-when-trying-to-run-ftx-central-2/

I don't know what does he means about "pointing it to the location that held P3V3.exe"

Thank you for your reply.

Here are the installation instructions from the user guide for HD trees.

You will see that I have highlighted the parts most relevant to you.

Downloaded FSS Wrapper Edition

1. Unzip the FlightSimStore.com (FSS) downloaded ZIP file. You should end up with the FSS installer application OrbxFTXTreesHD100.exe.

2. Run OrbxFTXTreesHD100.exe.

3. Fill in the Order Number, Date and Key when requested. This information would have been emailed to you when you purchased the download version of FTX Trees HD from FSS. 4. The wrapper will unwrap the Orbx installer which will then run and present the opening installation screen. Please acknowledge the EULA page and continue. You cannot choose a destination folder as all Orbx products are installed into the ORBX folder in your simulator’s root folder.

5. If you don't already have FTX Central V2 installed on your computer, you will see a message saying that it will be installed.  For users with FTX regions installed, FTX Central V2 is required for Trees HD to function (see next page for more info on FTX Central V2).  A link to FTXC V2 will be created on your desktop.  If you don't own any FTX regions, you may disregard this message, and delete the FTXC V2 shortcut from your desktop.

6. Users without FTX regions installed - You're done!  Go fire up your sim and enjoy your new trees! 

Ok thanks for that but my problem is that FTX Central is not working, not HD Trees, I would like my FTX Central to work, even if I only have HD Trees because I'm willing to buy Orbx Global base, and I'll need FTX Central to make it work, an other guy with the same problem as me found the solution but I didn't understand what he was talking about : 

OK found out that the program wasn't pointing to P3DV3, was only pointing to the drive that P3DV3 was housed in .  Used the RegistryFixTool.exe that is found in C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral to point it to the location that held P3DV3.exe

Problem solved."

Archived