Black Rectangles On PAVD Airport & Harbor

Paul Macfarlane

Enormous "black rectangles/squares" appeared on Valdez Pioneer Field (PAVD), behind the tarmac buildings, during gameplay (FSX)!  There are about 15 more smaller ones out in the harbor!  (I don't believe that they are "street light/highway light" related to another fix I once had, because there are only a few of them, and they're not all one size (all along the streets, etc.).  (I fixed the street light problem earlier with:  shader_release_v3.2.3.zip).  This problem is all together different.  

I will let my photos, explain everything.

Please help me.  I am not computer savvy. 

My Order Number is:     FSS0528544

2016-10-19_4-16-6-894.jpg

2016-10-19_3-29-42-883.jpg

2016-10-19_3-25-26-458.jpg

Yes, I am running a variation of Steve's DX10 fixer add-on called:  shader_release_v3.2.3.zip  that was referred to me as a substitute "free" fixer made from Steve's.  It worked, but as I stated earlier, that worked for street lights/Interstate lights.  I tried running it again, but to no avail.  

I also turned "fog lights" off, by unchecking it within the config program.

Nick, I unticked Preview Direct X 10, but I ran into a more serious problem...  "When I went back up to Flight Mode at the start-up (and after I re-booted FSX), the screen for viewing my chosen aircraft was completely black!"  (I even waited about 3-4 minutes, to see if it was lagging, or something).  

I had to re-tick the Preview Direct X 10 box, then things went back to normal.  "I sure hope FSX still functions normally in all other facets!"

Sorry.

Good news.

One of the things that the Fixer does is to delete the shaders folders each time you run it.

The "freeware version" is not an upgrade of the payware version and does not claim to be.

It precedes it by a long time.

There has been another case of the "freeware version" causing black ground textures despite

fixing the FTX lighting\Dx10 incompatibility. 

Archived