openLC NA

Kalorien

Hello Richard,

yes, I also tried that. The result is little different, but it doesn´t solve the problem. Very strange colors and the textures are not sharp and they don´t fit at all. You can see it in the first foto best. That was part of my own testing. Reinstalling... etc.

I send a ref number via FTX Central. What happens with that?

Peter

Hello Holger,

I do have other landscapes, but they belong to the airports like Aerosoft EDDF and FlyTampa Athens ( I don´t have others). And indeed, they are on top of openLC in the libary. Nothing wrong about it, because they are very local afaik.

The last test flight from New York to Tampa was successful. But I did not install the update for openLC NA. Installing the update is not good for me. The update leads to effects you can see in the first picture.

The troubleshooter is ok, no errors.

Peter

Hi there,

that's weird. So you're saying that v1.10 -- OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.exe (meaning the complete openLC NA package) installed without issues but when you install the small service pack 1.15 on top the display problems occur? 

What is the file date of lclookup.bgl, in \Scenery\BASE\Scenery?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

yah that´s weird, because I got from Flightsimstore a file called OrbxFTXopenLC_NA_Alaska_Canada100.zip.containing an OrbxFTXopenLC_NA_Alaska_Canada100.exe, .2, .3, .4, .5, .6 and a readme downloaded with "Internet Download Manager" (paid payware). I did a md5 check which was ok.

The details of the file Iclookup.bgl is 17.05.2016 12:05 49 KB in the BASE/Scenery folder. Did I get a wrong file?

I just checked Flightsimstore. There is no OrbxFTXopenLC_NA_Alaska_Canada110.zip.

Peter

Thank you for support

scenery_BASE_scenery.jpg

zip.jpg

Hi Peter,

the lclookup.bgl is the current version but you don't have the correct openLC NA installer. The .exe should be OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.exe plus 20 additional data files. That's the version the service pack 1.15 is for.

According to your order log you've purchased "FTX: Global openLC North America - Alaska/Canada", which is the previous version that was limited to Canada and Alaska and has been superseded by the complete North American coverage about two months ago. In your original post you state that you've purchased openLC NA "yesterday" but v.100 is no longer available for purchase. Thus, in your account you should have the v1.10 package. What was the FSS store page you've purchased openLC NA from?

Cheers, Holger

Hi,

is there another possibility to get version 1.10? I fear flightsimstore will tell me that they offer a download for the product and that´s it. Since FTX Central 3.0 starts at the first of November, version 1.15 should be downloadable from other servers? I can wait till then, but i would like to be sure.

Peter

Hi Peter,

I fear flightsimstore will tell me that they offer a download for the product and that´s it.

Not sure what you mean? According to your statements you've purchased the openLC NA product last Saturday but got delivered the older version instead that is no longer available for sale. If so then FSS has made a mistake and will take the necessary steps to get you the correct product. However, for obvious reasons only FSS and you have the complete order details and thus it's not something we can fix here at Orbx.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

4 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Not sure what you mean?

I know, sometimes my English is not really understandable sometimes. Sorry for that.

According to your statements you've purchased the openLC NA product last Saturday but got delivered the older version instead that is no longer available for sale.

that´s fully correct. Why does that happen? I think there is a reason for that...

If so then FSS has made a mistake and will take the necessary steps to get you the correct product.

That is theory in the future. And that is is excactly the point. The support of FSS ends by the end of the month. I can hardly believe they will offer downloads of FTX Orbx Products beyond that time. Or am I misunderstanding that?

If so then FSS has made a mistake and will take the necessary steps to get you the correct product.

Yes, they should do of course and I hope they will do so. That is why I have my fears, maybe they don´t. One of many possibilities could be: The download of version 1.15 is much bigger and would take much more traffic.

However, for obvious reasons only FSS and you have the complete order details and thus it's not something we can fix here at Orbx.

Again yes, I am fully aware of that. I knew that from the very beginning!

So the most important and already asked question is: Will I have the opportunity do download OrbxFTXopenLCNA110.zip at FTX Central 3.0 after migrating my products from FSS. That is not really too difficult to undersstand. If not, then the situation becomes more difficult, but of course, not impossible. Simply because I did not get the product I bought!

Sorry to say so, that is very strange and I do not understand that at all.

Cheers

Peter

I think you need to make sure that your purchase of OpenLC North America is correctly recorded

at the Flight Sim Store.

To do this, you must contact them.

Logically, only what is recorded there can be migrated to the Orbx Store, so if there is no record at the

FSS, there will also be no record at the Orbx Store and no download via FTX Central v3.

This is what I see at Fligtsimstore. On the second picture are the details of purchase and on the first picture you can see wrong download.

Flightsimstore still did not response. But I can imagine, it will take a little longer.

order#2.jpg

order#1.jpg

It does appear that there has been an error at the Flight Sim Store.

It looks like they have supplied you with the introductory part of the product at the price of the full part.

The price for OenLC North America Canada/Alaska was $22.50 and the file size was indeed 2.61GB

OpenLC North America is $54.95 and 10.24 GB.

If you get no response to your FSS support request, try their Facebook page.

Another customer had some success that way

Facebook is no option! Nogo! Never again! I´ll have to wait till they respond to my e-mail. Maybe I will try to call them next week.

On the other hand, obviously there is some kind of a problem at FSS. People, like me, purchase a software, which turned out to be old and not valid anymore. It should not be available to download. Of course and for many obvious reasons, this could only be a single case. I don´t see more complaints about that here in this support forum.

But,... from my point of view, since you offer the link for purchasing here ---> https://www.fullterrain.com/product/ftxgolcna, you can´t just say: we don´t have anything to do with that, just contact FSS and solve the problem. Thats a very easy going. When it comes to regulations, terms of use, international law and so, I am almost sure, you actions as a company are correct. I have no problem with that.

But it would be useful, just to prevent more situations like this, to check FSS from your site. ORBX wants to go for Central 3.0! What do you think about that?

I don´t think it will happen, sitting on an old not complete software... but me, as a customer would like to have a little more confidence and assistance from ORBX site. This is happening right now, everybody is testing Central 3.0, so many people are involved. Nothing is better to check a scenario like this!

Please don´t misunderstand me, I already stated "I can wait!" But I just want to make sure to have assistance.

Peter

Archived