FTX Norway mesh doesn't overwrite?

YoYo

Hi,

I noticed strange problem with FTX Norway.

Please see this screenies. It's example from ENOV airport (Norway). I have two meshes: Norway and FSPilot Ultimate Europe 5m (http://www.fly2pilots.com/cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=9788913f-483d-48c5-bdfd-67c6fa3ee1db ) on this Region... but always FTX meshes overwrited the others (they are on the top of list in Scenery of P3Dv3.4, Ultimate I have after Scenery 1107 - so much lower than FTX addons). I have in settings 5 mesh.

FTX Norway, FSPilots Ultimate mesh (lower in Scenery) off - here is OK.

Prepar3D-_arwqrha.jpg Prepar3D-_arwqrrp.jpg

FTX Norway + FSPilots Ultimate mesh (lower in Scenery) on - here not OK. I havent this problem in other regions with this mesh also but from other regions

Prepar3D-_arwqrrx.jpg Prepar3D-_arwqrrr.jpg 

Hi YoYo,

Unfortunately that's right. Pilot's Ultimate mesh is good, but it was not designed aiming to be compatible with the Orbx Systems. You need to seek support in the Pilot's forum.

Orbx uses custom mesh in their regions and airports, but compatible with " FS Global 2010 FTX " and vice versa. That is why it is indicated, not to mention that has global scope in one pack.

You should also consider that FS Global 2010 FTX mesh works with FTX  Global Vector and any failure into the "mesh" is corrected by Vector with the various patches that are published.

Consider, finally, that the position of all the meshes is there, just above the "1107" base, if there is no FTX Vector installed otherwise is above the FTX Vector. 

Also consider that meshes with best resolution overrides the minors.

Check out these screenshots:

a.

ENOV- MESH.jpg

b.

LIBRARY-FTX-OLC-MESH-VECTOR-POSITIONS-2.jpg

Cheers,

Voyager

Hi there,

also see this previous discussion about potential compatibility issues with the Global Ultimate mesh: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/90824-general-elevation-problem-in-norway/

FYI, it's not just the compiled resolution that determines which terrain mesh gets loaded but also, for mesh files with the same LOD, the specific coverage area. Also, in the case of the FSPilots mesh files any local AFM files may actually have a higher LOD and thus override the FTX Norway terrain mesh.

Cheers, Holger

Big thank You Voyager and Holger. Now its clear!

I noticed not only elevation problem on airports but terrain builds every time (when You are close ground) and it's the reason for the anomaly (LC also and some of blurries). 

Perhaps its a good idea delete some of bgls from the other mesh caused the problem (like for example N83W024.bgl, but for sure we must know which responsibles for Norway).

So the simpliest solution for this is :

1/ turn off FSPilots Ultimate Europe/Africa 5m when You fly over Norway, or

2/ in settings set up 10m mesh (it works also) when You fly over Norway

(as Holger wrote: If it's compiled at the same or higher grid resolution as the Norway mesh (LOD12 = 10m)

- but Norway has 10m :huh: no 5m like in manual, see this: "10m is the native EU NOR mesh resolution, but 5m is recommended for best terrain results and also if you have other Orbx regions or airports installed".

Thank You very mutch! 

Archived