Correct installation of FTX-Products ?

Haki

Dear all

I have recently installed FTX Global Base, Global Vector and Global OpenLC Europe (Order Number: 526967). I do not think, that the pictures on my computer look the same as shown in your videos and handbooks (see attached pic). Do I have the right insertions points ? All scenery- and other settings as recommended in your handbooks. I also have "Scenery Switzerland Professional" installed as well as "Mega Airport Zurich".

When I installed the Software, I did run the install from inside the zip file, as I was not aware that it should have been extracted to a separate folder before. Do I have to re-run the

installation and if yes do I have to uninstall the programs before I do so or just run the installation process over again ?

I sent diagnosis report under: otb503d492ee8d57ea68d2d13fac23601c.

Thanks for your help!

Walter

2016-10-12_(16).png

2016-10-12 (25).png

2016-10-12 (24).png

2016-10-12 (26).png

2016-10-12 (27).png

2016-10-12 (28).png

2016-10-12 (29).png

Hello Walter,

Please try this, back up your cfg. File it is found in for example C/Your Pc Name/ App Data/Roaming/Microsoft/Fsx, remember to change the path perimeters to suit your system. Once the cfg. File is saved to a separate location delete the cfg. File  in the above location and re boot your sim to the same location please. Also please make sure your in sim sliders match your Pc capabilities. As to other faults, lets get this one sorted first and go from there.:)

Hi Richard

Thank you. I have done as proposed. Created new folder for Config in  C/Your Pc Name/ App Data/Roaming/Microsoft/Fsx and copied .config to it. Then deleted .config in original path. Restarted FSX from desktop. Reset all sim sliders to suggested levels in your pdf description. However, pics still blurred.

Kind regards

Walter

2016-10-13 (1).png

2016-10-13_(2).png

2016-10-13 (3).png

On 13.10.2016 at 4:13 AM, Richard Lincoln said:

Hello Walter,

Please try this, back up your cfg. File it is found in for example C/Your Pc Name/ App Data/Roaming/Microsoft/Fsx, remember to change the path perimeters to suit your system. Once the cfg. File is saved to a separate location delete the cfg. File  in the above location and re boot your sim to the same location please. Also please make sure your in sim sliders match your Pc capabilities. As to other faults, lets get this one sorted first and go from there.:)

Hi Richard

I sent two other Notes but am not getting a reply. Maybe I do something wrong.

Kind regards

Walter

Thank you for your reply. I have changed the priorities of FTX and OLC as suggested. Sceneries at low FL are blurred. Same result even if I put FTX and OLC on top priorities. Maybe it's just the way it ought to be ? Sorry, I can't attach pics as I am only allowed 1.19 mb. (Maybe there is another way, I am new here).

Kind regards

Walter

Yes, there is another way.

First edit your screen shot to a horizontal size of 1000 pixels or so and save it in .jpg format.

Then choose an image hosting site from a Google search and upload your picture to it.

Copy the picture's url and paste it into your topic.

Depending on your browser, you may see the option to copy image address if you right click 

on an image.

Here is a random picture using this method.
snowflakes1.jpg

Well the last lot of pics look a little better but nowhere near what they should look like. Until Nick or  others can further try to help you, and now you know how to post pictures, may I suggest that from now on you go to a flight and take a pic and also save the flight, This way all further pics will be from the exact same location with the same scenery below and same plane. Your first pics showed you at altitude in an airliner travelling at speed, and your second shows you in a Cessna doing 100knots. Some, maybe, of the blurriness in you first set of pics may relate to the altitude and speed. Best if you kept it the low and slow in the Cessna until a resolution can be found. Consistency in information and display of a problem is most helpful in trying to analyse the problem.

We also need to know what your PC specs are including Graphics card details, and which Windows version you're using. I can see from your pics you are using FSX, is that the full version with Acceleration?

Thanks Haki, but the information you give is a bit limited. From what I can see you have a CPU @ 2.5Ghz and only 8GB of memory.This unfortunately is in today's specifications very low. No mention of what Graphics card you have installed or if your computer is a Desktop or laptop. 

A major problem that I see is that you also have the photoreal scenery of Switzerland Pro. Turn that OFF. It will be clashing with OLC EU. If yo have any photoreal scenery it will overwrite your OLC and influence Vector as well. I want you to put FTX and OLC at the top of your Scenery Library, disable all other non FTX addons which means your Swiss addon, Aerosoft Zurich Airport and the folder you have called Addon Scenery.

Start a flight in a country covered by OLC EU and use a low and slow plane like the Cessna and take a flight. See how that works and take a pic.

Thank you. It is a laptop "Lenovo Yoga 500" Intel HD Graphics 520, NVIDA GeForce 920M, Intel 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI Controller.

You are right. Turning off Switzerland Pro makes all Sceneries within Switzerland look a lot better. Outside of Switzerland (see Pics Düsseldorf and Florence) there seems to be not much difference; with Switzerland Pro turned on even slightly better (or is this just my imagination ?)

By the way, please have a look at Picture of LSZR. It is the freeware version downloaded from FTX. All the trees in the water in front of the runway are not there in the default or Switzerland version (neither are they there in reality........).

Sorry, can't attach pics. Now it allows me to only attach 0.19MB...............?

Thanks for your great help !!

First edit your screen shot to a horizontal size of 1000 pixels or so and save it in .jpg format.

Then choose an image hosting site from a Google search and upload your picture to it.

Copy the picture's url and paste it into your topic.

If you simply upload them to this site, you soon reach the monthly limit.

That's why you have no space left.

You should upload them to an image hosting site.

Hi Nick and JJaycee1. Thank you. Hope this is right ?

Pics 1-4 are outside Switzerland. Pic 5 is LSZR with trees in the water. Other Pics are Swiss Sceneries with and without "Scenery Switzerland Professional". Pitty I spent the money for it. They say it is compatible with Orbx Products.

Regards

Walter

D_sseldorf_with_CH_6.jpg

D_sseldorf_without_CH_6.jpg

Florence_with_CH.jpg

Florence_without_CH.jpg

LSZR_without_CH.jpg

with_CH_2.jpg

with_CH_3.jpg

with_CH_4.jpg

with_CH_5.jpg

with_CH.jpg

without_CH_2.jpg

without_CH_3.jpg

without_CH_4.jpg

without_CH_5.jpg

without_CH.jpg

bilder uploaden

Hello Walter,

Your last shot, with the trees in the water, will probably be corrected if you turn off the Frozen water in winter option in

the FTX Vector configurator.

Otherwise, you shots look pretty much as they should.

Switzerland pro is not really compatible with Orbx scenery because it is photo scenery and photo scenery always displays over the top of

generated scenery.

However, it will work alongside, so you don't need to disable any Orbx products to see Switzerland Pro.

Archived