Odd effects at PAVD observed.

Jon Clarke

I spotted 2 oddities at the PAVD airport. The first is that you get dirt type textures coming from the plane's wheels when on the paved area near the buildings like the hangars or maintenance sheds.

The second is there is an odd flashing light near the buildings that moves around as you pan in spot view.

I attach pics: The 1st pic has coordinates and I am referring to the light you can see just beyond the 2 people in the background. That light flashes and is not in that static position as it will follow you around. If i go to a different view, for example looking at the runway from the plane's position in the pic, the flashing light will appear near the runway.

2016-10-9_10-29-35-557.jpg

2016-10-9_10-24-59-681.jpg

Hey!

The dirt effect has been noticed and will be corrected for the service pack.

The light effect is from the snow truck that is present during winter time, I guess you switched between seasons? It tends to stick around if once loaded. To avoid it happening I recommend sticking to one season per session, or avoiding the winter season. You can also remove the effect if you like by going to P3D/Effects and remove the one called ORBX_PAVD_Yellow_Flash & ORBX_PAVD_Yellow_Flash_0. Then the effect won't be present during winter time as well.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Marcus

Thanks Marcus. I see the flashing light but no snow truck. I had set the season to Spring-May so it maybe that it was between Winter and Summer. I will test in winter as i would like to see the snow truck. So it looks like a remnant of the invisible snow truck is left behind if you choose a month that P3D calls late Spring. May is really very late spring the beginning of summer.

The snow truck and the light is only there November - Mars. Sometimes the light sticks around if switching seasons.

I'll attach two images. The first is in May, loaded directly from the start screen in P3D. Then switched to December. As you can see the light and truck is there during winter. Tried switching back to spring again to get the error you got but didn't happen this time, not really sure when it's triggered. I've noticed it being triggered before when going between seasons but maybe it is something more that might trigger it. Anyhow, I've stayed away from the problem if staying at one season when flying at Valdez. As I mentioned, the light effect can be removed if it is an annoying bug :)

Cheers,

Marcus2016-10-10_9-39-58-171.jpeg2016-10-10_9-40-30-129.jpeg

Thanks again Marcus. It is not a problem worth worrying about, merely an observation. A bit similar to brown trees appearing slightly out of season. Just posted in Community shots one of PAVD in Winter with the snow truck visible. A great additional feature in a wonderful addon. Appreciate your work

On 10/11/2016 at 0:42 PM, Marcus Nyberg said:

Yeah it's static, couldn't figure out a way for it to actually remove snow when moving so it stands there with a flashing light and two workers standing next to it discussing the days work

Ahh government employment! :ph34r:

Archived