Compatibility problems and questions

Joël Marquez

I just purchased FTX Australia and Brisbane Airport last night. I've done two test flights and there have been some major problems. I am using FSX on Windows 7, the only addons I'm using are Rex 4 Textures and Active Sky Next. Are these problems caused by Rex or something else? I did one flight at Brisbane and one at Ayers Rock. In Brisbane the taxiways and runway where very blurry. Once I took off water started appearing randomly and the texture all round was very blurry. The second flight at Ayers Rock I had the same issue with water appearing randomly, the textures where also very blurry. Both flight where in the PMDG 737. 

Any suggestions of how to fix this would be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Joel Marquez

2016-10-1_20-19-21-2.jpg

2016-10-1_20-28-28-699.jpg

2016-10-1_20-30-17-936.jpg

2016-10-1_20-34-28-17.jpg

2016-10-2_16-0-25-522.jpg

2016-10-2_16-6-36-500.jpg

I just did that, it seems to have cured the random textures appearing. However I am still having problems with blurriness, the ground textures at YBBN are also very low quality. I don't think its a problem with my settings, I don't have this problem with other addon scenery.  

2016-10-8_11-14-56-702.jpg

2016-10-8_11-17-14-207.jpg

2016-10-8_11-17-24-195.jpg

Hello Joel Marquez.

Have you tried taking a look in a default aircraft? It would be great if you post your system specs, it looks like the immediate area is keeping up but not at a distance. Have you changed any settings in your cfg.File? Also if you have time post Library Insertion points. We need as much info as possible please.

On 10/15/2016 at 10:31 AM, Doogles said:

Did you run the troubleshooter tool?

I did do that.

18 hours ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Hello Joel Marquez.

Have you tried taking a look in a default aircraft? It would be great if you post your system specs, it looks like the immediate area is keeping up but not at a distance. Have you changed any settings in your cfg.File? Also if you have time post Library Insertion points. We need as much info as possible please.

I have not tried a default plane. I do not have this problem with any other addon scenery, I have not changed the cfg.file since I installed and tweaked FSX. 

My computer specs are

Window 7 64bit

16GB RAM

500GB SSD drive running everything for FSX

1TB Hard drive for everything else

Intel I7 4790K Processor

NVidia Geforce GTX760 graphics card

Hope this helps. 

Hello Again,

Ok Im not sure what you mean there? I would try backing up your cfg file, then deleting it, and let Fsx re-build itself a new cfg file. Worth a try.

3 hours ago, Joël Marquez said:

I have not changed the cfg.file since I installed and tweaked FSX. 

Try setting the LOD radius in the FSX config window to Low.  It helped my blurries a lot.

Unfortunately FSX has only a limite bandwidth which is stretched to the limit by the complexity of modern add-ons.  Which means you can have complex aircraft and simple scenery and slow flight, or, complex scenery and a simple aircraft, and mostly slow flight.

A complex aircraft such as the PMDG series, with the high speed of jet flight, together with the complexity of the scenery, overloads just about all systems.  Compromises must be made, it depends on which area you feel you can compromise in.

Here's what I'm seeing at the same spot.  Looks like yours is showing a conflict.  Sorry not the same spot, the other end.

Have you got Ants YBBN installed in the Addon Scenery folder?  That background looks a lot like his photoreal.

Try unticking any other possible Australian scenery locations in your Scenery Library and see what happens.

YBBN.jpg

Hello Joel,

The only thing I can think of is the performance of your Pc, you need to dial your sliders back, and try the scenery with a default aircraft, just try it and see if the blurries still persist. Also it wont hurt to re install YBBN over the top.

Archived