Airdrie Park Black Buildings

bcrawley57

I was very sad to hear about the untimely death of our great developer.  Following Johns kind offer, I checked which of Vlads airports I didn't have and found it to be only Airdrie Airpark.  I purchased it as a token of my support for his works and sad loss.

I have installed it and done all the necessary Vector adjustments and installed the latest libraries.  However, I find thet several of the buildings are jet black, similar to what is seen when VAS is getting low.  Have you any other reports of these missing textures?

Kind regards,

Brian Crawley

Hi,

I have noticed the same issue.  It only occurs when CNK4 Airport is active.

Please see the following thread which contains the following work around:

Step 1.) First Backup your Main Texture folder in your Main FSX Folder >>>>> [FSX/Texture] just copy it and throw in a new folder titled Backup.

Step 2.) Then Navigate to>>>> [FSX ROOT\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CEF4\texture] 

Step 3.) Copy all the .dds files from the>>>>> [FSX ROOT\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CEF4\texture]
and throw them in the Main >>>>[Texture Folder] in your FSX Root Folder. [FSX/Texture] 

You can now see all the wonderful cracks on the runway and other missing textures dont forget to bring your scenery complexity slider back up.

Cheers,

Hi,

Just to add one point to this topic, I am finding that, as well as untextured buildings at Airdrie when CNK4 is active, a further set of buildings are untextured unless CEJ4 is deactivated. I assume the failure mechanism is the same in both cases, and the workaround suggested above works in both cases. Thanks for that, Scott.

Now I have all of Vlad's fine scenery to enjoy.

Charles

Archived