R00210 - Austria icao LO airports

Jon Clarke

Hi jjaycee1,

If there is no elevation adjustment for any LOxx ICAO code into AEC, it is because in principle they do not need.

But if there is an airport with elevation problems, you can open a request for investigation for this particular ICAO code.

Cheers,

Voyager

Thanks for that Voyager. Some o fthe plateaus I am seeing will be caused by Ultimate mesh no doubt, which a problem for me to resolve since it is not an Orbx product. despite setting mesh resolution to 5,10,38m etc no positive result. Disabling addon mesh resolves the problem, but Alpine mountains look like hills.However there is a Vector problem that is an Orbx/Pilots problem At LOXZ there is a road going across the runway 26. See pic2

The first pic shows the mini trough at the end of runway 26 with P3D mesh resolution at 78m. My problem and shown only for info.

atendofLOTZrunway26.jpg

LOTZrunway26.jpg

Thanks again Voyager for taking the time to look at this. Your'e pic's show vector enabled and disabled. Can I assume you are talking about the whole of Vector disabled in your scenery library since there is no AEC aspect to enable or disable (in my case anyway)?

I also see that LOXZ sits on a plateau in your screenshot. What does the end of runway 26 look like in your sim? Anything like mine with the slight trough? I am asking because I am seeking clarification if the "trough" is specific to me and therefore potentially related to my mesh or whether it is there despite my mesh. 

Hi jjaycee1,

I am getting a better result with G2010 Mesh, for me at the end of 26 is a slight variance but acceptable. I booted 3 Ga strips in Austria to see if there was a need for the AEC to provide ICAO codes, upon looking into it I would have thought codes would be available to disable given the plateau effect. As for the roadway, I am seeing the same.

1) The configurator shows only airports which elevation has been corrected/amended. If they are left at default SIM elevation, they will of course not show up. If they are not corrected, you can not revert them back to default, can you?

2) These are no elevation anomalies . Please read my elaboration about "Flat Airport Concept". This has been discussed extensively on various post all over the forum.

3) We have noted and will check the crossing street.

Archived