How can I solve a low resolution appearance on openLC

Marco Aurelio

Hi Guys,

I've installed openLC Europe recently and the image became not so good as they would be.

No matter how much the FSX scenery settings sliders be moved to the right side....the graphics don't change the image quality.... mainly on dusk time.

Please observe the aircraft clock.

Thanks

After_FTX_Global_openLC_Europe_installation.png

Hi Doug,

You're right...I've just mentioned that to help illustrate the problem. I'm aware about the trade-off (compromise) between performance x  graphical quality in a 32 bit platform.

Tomorrow I'm going to do another flight during the day taking some photos like the picture attached and put a link for them

Thanks once more and you're always welcome.

Warmly,

Marco Aurelio

After_FTX_Global_openLC_Europe_installation_3.png

Hi Marco,

Only to complement, bear in mind that this size will double after installation.

And if it will installed on drive C,during the installation,  the un-wrapping process will require double space that final size and plus 10% .

Cheeers,

Voyager

Ok Guys,

Let me add some information to this thread.

When I was installing the openLC Europe.....I saw into FTX Central 2 a red warning message like that.....not enough space .....some functions might not be installed......

In that moment I had approximately 30GB of free memory......so I didn't understand why the system was alerting me. Because that I asked how many space was required to install FTX openLC Europe.

I'm using a SSD (Solid State Device) and REX.

Thanks,

Marco Aurélio

Hi Voyager,

Thanks once more mate for your helpful assistance and attention.

Now I need to plan how to deal with this lack of space.

Last but not least I'd like to thanks  too, Doug and jjaycee1 to be part of this thread.

Warmly,

Marco Aurelio

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Just a matter of information, here is the final result after a correct installation, I mean, installing FTX Global openLC Europe observing an available space no less then 30GB, in my case, using a SSD / i5-3450 CPU / 16 GB / GeForce GTX 560 Ti ( 1MB ) / Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit / FSX-Steam Edition and  Display settings like the picture attached.

After installed, FTX Global openLC Europe allocated less then 10 GB.

Warmly,

Marco Aurelio

FTX Global openLC Europe Fixed 2.png

FTX Global openLC Europe Fixed 3.png

FTX Global openLC Europe Fixed.png

Hi Voyager,

Yes You are right once more !!....as We can see now through the picture attached.

But.....the way a SSD device allocates the space seems different from HD...( I've already read something like  "blocks allocations" on SSD ).

The fact is, after FTX Global open LC Europe be installed, the system reported less than 10 GB used. I had around 29.6 GB before the instalation and now as you can see on the second picture attached, 23.2 GB......As you already know too, until the space become free around 30 GB.....I had a warning about insufficient space....as I've been reported before.

I agree with your polite obervation......" how you managed to occupy a space so similar to the compressed add on ? "......I don't Know.

Once more, another guessing like one written above..... 

Thanks mate,

Marco Aurelio

Answering Voyager FTX Global openLC Europe.png

Answering Voyager FTX Global openLC Europe 2.png

Hi,

After my last post on this thread, I've been ran the FTX Central version 2.1 migration tool again and finally I had an outstanding result flying in a dusk time. 

According to FTX Global Base Pack manual........." FTX Global uses a brand new 3D lighting system that has only a slight FPS impact. However, you should keep in mind that FSX/P3D will always perform worse during dawn and dusk because of the way the simulator applies two layers of textures to simulate lighting hues " ....... so I'm very excited and glad about the way FTX GLOBAL has improved FSX environment. 

So..... once more...... I leave a link to two  new  pictures showing a dusk time final approach at EGGP.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B25D4PciFx3NWEkyWm8tcXdFd0E

Cheers,

Marco Aurélio

Archived