Quick test out of YMML

Rob Ainscough

Rob,

Thanks for posting this video.  Now that I have seen how things are set up on your own rig and seeing the performance of your rig with the settings and add-ons you have, confirms that certain things still happen and it's not just my own rig.  The AS2016 and ASCA pretty much look the way ASN has, so I'll stick with what I have.  I am using v3.4 right now and have taken a couple flights out of YMML as well as leisure strolls from YWVA to YWOL by way of Sydney and the performance is still solid, which is good since v3.3 didn't work as well for me.  I also refrained from reinstalling all of my ORBX content, reserving the sim to just Global, OpenLC, Australia, Trees, and all of the AUS airports for now.  I also kept my AI traffic down too, which I think helps a lot.

Thanks again for the demo.

On a side note, VAS was 3.5GB and stayed around 3.5GB for the 2 hours of flight (followed a Qantas along Y12 jetway to Perth) ... had to stop the flight before arriving at Perth as I had other real world things to do.  Prior to the latest YMML update my performance was pretty bad around that location.

AS16 + ASCA seems better (visually and performance wise) than ASN to me ... ASN was good but the performance and VAS usage from AS16 seems better, especially when flying in dense 5 layer clouds.  In AS16 + ASCA I can run max cloud density and draw distance to 110 mi and still get acceptable performance even at 4K with 8XMSAA.  Under ASN I could only do 3 layers and 90 mi to get acceptable performance.  So I'll disagree with you on AS16 + ASCA (full dynamic) vs. ASN.  

Agree, AI traffic is very CPU bound and hence FPS reduction.

Biggest issue I still have with P3D V3.4 and many add-ons, at extreme graphics settings, I can't fly a complex aircraft from a large complex 3rd party Airport to another large complex 3rd party airport even though I now have the FPS to make both acceptable at high grahics settings.  For example, why wasn't YMML unloaded from memory when I was 1000 mi away from it?  Problem is I can't determine if this is an LM issue or an issue on how YMML was created ... but for whatever reason, the resources for YMML are NOT being released.  

Cheers, Rob.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived