KPSP Is Gray FlightLine/Ground With No Painted Lines

Paul Macfarlane

When I installed and went in-game with FSX, I didn't have lights to guide me in to the airport for landing, and it was all just a light-gray! There was no tire skids, cement, asphalt, paint markings, or anything else. The only thing that worked were the signs for ramps and blue lights for trying to guide you. (Without painted lines and an actual runway/taxiway, I couldn't even park, or take-off)!  

Please have this fixed. I've enjoyed the ORBX FTX scenery and airports that I own. HELP! 

"I fly there all the time; and it looked better before I installed this software."  

(P.S.  I bought this from The Flight Sim Store on:  2016-09-23.  Order #FSS0523028.)

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Please don't attach screenshots, even zipped, as .bmp files.

First convert the file to .jpg format and reduce its size to 1000 pixels horizontal.

Then choose an image hosting site and after uploading your image to it, paste

the image url into your post.

Two advantages, one you will not use up your 4mb per month forum attachment limit with two pictures

and the other, anyone reading the topic can see the picture without first having to download it, unzip it

and then open it.

Like this:

2016_9_26_10_23_33_818_2.jpg

.bmp image = 7.34 MB (2MB zipped)

.jpg image = 148 KB

I reinstalled KPSP and the latest libraries, but it still looks the same drab way.  Sorry.  Please think of something else I can try.  

Thank you!  

P.S.  I don't have any software that will convert .bmp files to .jpg.  And I don't know how to do the other thing you stated above.  Sorry.  I'm a newbee.

2 hours ago, Paul Macfarlane said:

I reinstalled KPSP and the latest libraries, but it still looks the same drab way.  Sorry.  Please think of something else I can try.  

Thank you!  

P.S.  I don't have any software that will convert .bmp files to .jpg.  And I don't know how to do the other thing you stated above.  Sorry.  I'm a newbee.

The Paint program that comes with Windows will do it, but there are easier programs.  Search Google for free bmp to jpg converters and I think you'll find plenty of options.

A lot of problems with airports stem from conflicting sceneries, sometimes buried in other add-on sceneries.

To check for possible conflicts there are a couple of things you can try:

1.  Use the search function in Windows Explorer to look for all files with KPSP or any variation of PalmSprings, Palm, Springs etc.  See if any of them are not ORBX or FTX files.  

2.  In the scenery library untick all non-default sceneries, including your add-ons folder.  Confirm you are seeing a default KPSP.  If so, tick just the KPSP entry, and check how KPSP looks.  My guess is it will look like it should.  

See how you go with those suggestions.

I fixed it for "day time" use, by downloading and installing a patch for KPSP.  It has 2 ground texture .dds files that I loaded into the texture file within KPSP scenery.  I first ran a search for .dds files inside of the KPSP directory, so that I would know where to place them.  "I'm happy!"  Please close this ticket.  

And thank you for all the help you have provided me Nick and John!

Archived