Elevation problem

Did you install the latest library files => OrbxLibs

When done that then run the migration tool available under the troubleshooting tab of FTX Central v2

Once you run the migration tool there will be popping up several MsDos screens

It can take a bit of time, but please wait till a little pop up appears that the migration is complete

Hit OK

To check if it went correctly use the migration troubleshooter => ".....\ORBX\Troubleshooter\MigrationTroubleshooter.exe

Wait till it does it's thing and the msDos screen will give green text behind the various sceneries

Hi G.

I've looked at both airports you mentioned.  I can find no problem at PACD, either as default FSX or the ORBX Freeware version.  At PAWD is see the AEC needs to be disabled in the FTX Vector Configurator, that might cure your issue there. 

According to you screenshot there is a lake or river flowing through the airport.  At neither airports is there any water like that, please varify the ICAO of the airport shown in the screenshot.  I'm assuming your Vector installation is active, if it was not you could well see these issues.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Guillaume,

Nothing I can do about the water under the taxiway at PACV as the default airport is not accurate in its layout.  PACV is one of the SAK airports and once I turned it's elevation file to .off the elevation in Scenery/World/Scenery that issue disappeared.  You haven't by chance installed SAK and turned it off in the scenery Library?  That turns off everything BUT the elevation files.  And you're correct that PACV does not appear in the configurator.   Not all airports do, only those messed up by Pilots 2010 mesh.  My default PACV with default elevation looks fine here. (other than the water under the taxiway)

Cheers, Neil

Hi Guillaume,

Once you turned off SAK what you're left with is inaccurate default FSX airports placed against an accurate Vector background (and Alaska's default FSX airports are some of the worst).  In default FSX they looked OK as the ground layout was also way incorrect. 

Cheers, Neil

Archived