AU AI Traffic 5.0 - Missing control panel

Lukosius

Hi there,

I have just installed the freeware AU AI Traffic 5.0 however I have no control panel, and also no link to "FTX Central", on my desktop or my All Programs list.

When I am in FSX I can see all the domestic traffic but cannot change anything because of the missing control panel, so can't even turn the domestic traffic off, or turn the international traffic on.

I have FSX Deluxe Ed with Acceleration Pack, and are running Win7 Pro 64bit.

You do realise that if you ever buy any ORBX addons or any freeware it will require  the latest library files? Could you not download via a friends internet and save the copy to memory stick or something like that and then install it onto your PC? There are a lot of freewares from orbx that will enhance your sim. Just a suggestion.

No I wasn't aware that I needed these library files.

I just Googled "Free AI Traffic for Australia" and this Orbx webpage came up....

https://www.fullterrain.com/freeware/ai

Unfortunately there is no mention on that page (or in the installation process) of requiring these extra files.
Maybe that needs to be added so others with little experience in this (like myself) don't get caught out like I did.

I'm in a bit of a unique situation - I live on a remote cattle station in Western Australia, our nearest neighbors are 350km away, so I couldn't just use a 'friends' PC.

We have a satellite internet connection that gets 3GB per month. I just used 0.6GB (20%) of that with the freeware download.

If I was to also download the libraries I will have used up 66% of my monthly quota in two downloads.

If there was some mention of this on the initial download page, I would not have downloaded the freeware to begin with and saved 20% of my monthly quota.

Wow ! Living in a country (UK) where you are never more than about 5 miles from another community, it is easy to forget the remoteness of some other peoples situations.  Don't suppose you could launch your own satellite !!! Good luck and I envy you in some ways but not in others.

There might be a solution for you.  

I don't think the lack of a control panel matters if you intend to keep the AU AI traffic.

The install routine disables the default traffic, and enables FTX AI International, FTX AI Aust and NZ, and FTX AI GA Traffic.

The control panel is only required to return to the default traffic.

You should have in your Scenery\World\Scenery folder some Traffic_FTX_ xxx files.  If so, i FSX you sould be seeing the FTX AI traffic at the Australian airports.

If you need to return to default traffic post here again and we should be able to get you back to square one.

Traffic files.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Just to toss in my 2 cents -- I agree. Although I do have the Orbx libraries installed, I've never used the control panel with the AI traffic. Just install the Orbx AU AI traffic, and you'll have the best AI package there is!

If you absolutely have to turn it off (and turn the default AI traffic back on), you can do it manually by renaming a few files in Scenery/World/scenery as shown above.

Archived