Sea and beaches in Europe

kiki

Hi!

is there anyone able to help me, please. Areas like ENG, SCO etc are just fine, but when I fly in other parts of Europe, all the beaches are in the shape of a square ( as in a attached picture). And yes, I have Glabal base, open LC Eu and Global Vector.

n_jet.jpg

The FTX Regions like ENG and SCO have the coastlines included in the product. For outside of FTX Regions Vector is responsible for that kind of detail. 2 things to check and report back on. 1. What are your settings in Vector and are all the Vector files enabled in your scenery library. 2. Show us your scenery library insertion points. FTX above OLC and Vector should be just below layer 1107 in your scenery library.

Oh and also I assume you have the latest orbxlibs released just a few days ago?

Thanks for helping.

First: yes, I do have the latest orbxlibs. Second: my Vector settings are like these:

- transportation - all checked

- water features - smaal rivers checked, frozen unchecked

- various features - all checked

Here are pics of my scenery library. Is the problem here?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

Well regarding the problem you first posted about ie beaches etc it appears OK. So I am a bit stumped on that aspect. However I do see some problems in the layering of your scenery library in other areas. For example some of your addons should be above FTX addons if you want them to appear.  UK2000 Aberdeen Xtreme is just one of them. Tongass Fjords is another. Most people suggest Tongass being placed between FTX and OLC but I have mine above them. It work fine for me. As a rule all your non FTX addons should be above FTX addons

I did change the order, although there has been no problem with the UK2000 sceneries.

Are the vector-files in right order?

Or could this be a conflict with another add-on scenery? The problem is in Euripe, but not in NOR, ENG and SCO.

Yes the Vector files are in the correct order including the Vector AEC towards the bottom of the scenery library.

As I said i am lost on this. Maybe you could send a couple more screenshots showing the problem this time with the coordinates and at a lower altitude so I can clearly see the beach. Say 1500-2000ft.

Thank you for your help!

I re-arranged my scenery.cfg and now - I don´t know why - the sea shores look ok. But as you can see from the pictures, I have new problems. This not what the scenery should look like, right.

The pics are taken close to these airports: LFOH, EFVA (which seems to be ok unlike the others) and EKAH.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

And here are my installed sceneries:

Installed Orbx Products
GLOBAL
FTX Global Base Pack FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.40 September 2015
FTX Global openLC Europe FTX openLC Europe Version 1.20 - September 2015
FTX Global openLC North America FTX openLC North America Version 1.15 - August 2016
FTX Global Vector FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.45 August 2016

REGION
Central Rockies FTX NA CRM Central Rocky Mountains V1.00 Patch 005 November 2015
England FTX EU ENG England 1.52 - August 2015
Northern California FTX NA NCA Northern California V1.20 Patch 002 November 2015
Norway FTX EU NOR Norway V1.10 Patch 001 April 2015
Pacific Fjords FTX NA PFJ Pacific Fjords V1.1 Patch 004 April 2014
Pacific Northwest FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 008 February 2014
Scotland FTX EU SCO Scotland 1.30 - November 2015
Southern Alaska FTX NA SAK Southern Alaska and YT/BC V1 Patch 005 December 2015

7 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

What size is your installed Vector folder in FSX\ORBX\FTX Vector? It should be just over 13GB.

It is 13.2 GB. The size is just right. Do you still think something is missing?

And, hey, thanks again. I am really confused and your help is really highly appreciated!

Hi there,

the order of entries in your original screenshots were correct; for comparison see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/108487-tongass-x-and-ftx/?do=findComment&comment=975652

When you run the migration troubleshooter do you get any error messages? http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/117655-troubleshooting-unified-lclookup-migration-issues/

Also, do the shorelines return when you temporarily deactivate the block with the five Vector entries?

Cheers, Holger

On 19.9.2016 at 6:12 PM, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

the order of entries in your original screenshots were correct; for comparison see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/108487-tongass-x-and-ftx/?do=findComment&comment=975652

When you run the migration troubleshooter do you get any error messages? http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/117655-troubleshooting-unified-lclookup-migration-issues/

Also, do the shorelines return when you temporarily deactivate the block with the five Vector entries?

Cheers, Holger

I ran the migration troubleshooter. No error messages

And today the shorelines looked okay. This seems to be on-off-problem or perhaps it is only in some areas...

Archived