Duplicated EU airports in FTX GEN?

Jon Clarke

Is there a list of the freeware airports that may need to be removed because they clash with some of the FTX GEN airports? I have seen a couple of posts regarding trees on runways etc and it  appears that duplicated airports may be the cause. I can't check myself yet regarding the irports that come with GEN as I am still downloading. Only into my second day of downloading at 180kbps. Part 3 has 20 minutes to go then I guess the rest of this afternoon on Part 4!

My solution was to create a new folder (Scenery-off-files) in the G:\P3D\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS folder and move ALL bgl-files starting with 

"ADE_FTX_FTXG_ED??.bgl" to that folder. If, in the future, there are more crashes with other airports, for other regions, I can move them there instead of renaming or setting them to off.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

only 2 airports that need to be deactivated in the FTX_Global freeware fields to avoid a clash with FTX GEN

that's in => ,,\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery folder

ADE_FTX_FTXG_EDCP.BGL
ADE_FTX_FTXG_EDCP_CVX.BGL

ADE_FTX_FTXG_EDWI.BGL
ADE_FTX_FTXG_EDWI_CVX.BGL

just rename them to .off or move 'm to the bin

Wolter,

Thanks for doing the 'legwork' on the two airports to disable. 

Perhaps the installer for N. Germany could be modified to check for those files and delete/modify them when Germany is installed, Ben?

Archived