Do I have to uninstall DVD-versions after reseller cross-grade?

Lawman

Since the topic in the General Discussion-forum is closed and I couldn't find an answer using the search function, I am asking here.

I have taken advantage of the DVD reseller cross-grade option. All was handled swiftly by FSSB), but I was wondering: should I uninstall the old DVD-versions first or can I just run the new installers I got from FSS and install them on top of the current install? I'm asking because the FSS-installers (as usual) came with their own registration keys.

No worries, @Lawman :

• Either the newest version is unchanged from the one you have installed (and, eventually patched to the newest versions from the FTX page): Then you have nothing to do, just enjoy an updated license
  • Or the newest version comes with a complete new installer (e. g. for Cairns, Anacortes, Melbourne): Then you just install the new version over the existing.

• 2 weeks later...

And how do I know, if the newest version comes with a complete new installer?

When running FTX Central V2 it shows, that there is no update available for my sceneries. For this case, I think there is no need to run the newest versions bought via the cross-grade option over my previous DVD versions. Please confirm.

Heinz

Archived