Would 2 LC programs clash or compliment?

Jon Clarke

If my understanding is correct then a LC program like OLC NA is telling the sim where to place autogen and textures and will provide some of those items as well as using the already existing data.

I am wondering if for example you have 2 LC programs would one of them maybe fill in autogen gaps where the other maybe has fields?

In other words would they add additional factors in gaps left by one or the other, or would the sim only read and display the LC program in the highest level in the scenery library.

I am asking because I happen to use UTX Caribbean & Central America to compensate for the anomalies of poor vector data for the Caribbean that is within OLC NA ( like buildings in water etc). When I fly in the mentioned area I have both OLC NA and UTX running and all options are enabled with UTX. I dont have FTX Vector enabled so I know that the sim is reading the UTX file for vector data, but will it also be reading the Landclass data or will it skip that because OLC NA is of a higher layer in the scenery library?

No you cannot have two LC layers active at once (well, you can - in theory, but it causes problems).

openLC provides 100% area coverage using our modified lclookup files and there are no 'gaps'. Any other LC product you install will cause issues because they will likely be calling the old default lclookup values which could lead to all sorts of anomalies being shown.

Don't be concerned about the Caribbean; we've already working on airport and LC fixes for that area as we speak. There will be patches for openLC and airports within a month.

I never doubted ORBX would "upgrade" the Caribbean Landclass issues in OpenLC_NA.  Many (most) of the islands are desert textures landclass-wise.  But in the meantime, I can solve that on my computer by using UTX-TAC for the Caribbean area (I already owned it before OpenLC_NA was released, so it's not like I had to go buy it to "fix" anything ORBX).  When flying in the Caribbean, I just "uncheck" the ORBX OpenLC_NA entries in my Scenery Library, because you can/will get conflicts there if you don't because of the different ORBX modified lclookup files used.  It's not like you can "sandwich" the ORBX  landclass products between the UTX Urban and Vegetation landclass entries, like you could with something like the Scenery Tech landclass products being placed between the UTX Vegetation and Urban entries. 

And as JV said, NORMALLY you can't have multiple landclass products active at the same time for the same geographical area.  But the key word is "normally".  Third-party addons like payware airports do it all the time.  They contain hand-crafted landclass for the airport and surrounding area, and as long as the airport gets layered at a higher priority than any other landclass below it, it usually works fine.  But there are things the developer of the airport may have to do to make it work OK in those cases, too. 

Archived