Orbx England

tomblindell

Hello!

So recently I purchased some scenery from another company, the screenshots on their website were gorgeous but the textures in game were nothing like the screenshots and left me very dissapointed. I've done my research and it seems orbx is the best when it comes to scenery. My question to you is are the screenshots on the website accurate of the actual in game terrain and secondly is orbx england worth purchasing as a "starter" scenery as I don't feel like I want to invest the £100 + in the orbx ftx base + vector + openLC

Thanks in advance,

Tom

I've spent a good few years as an ORBX customer/user and have only recently been "press-ganged" ;) into the beta team. You might think that all testers have access to super-duper systems and run ORBX at impossibly high GFX settings, but it simply isn't the case. There's a wide range of developers and testers involved - and I can categorically vouch for all the product screenshots: they're usually produced when the product is in its final stages (therefore not likely to change) and are not "enhanced" in any way whatsoever. What you see on the products page is what you get - providing, of course, that your sim is set up properly (!!).

In all the years as a customer and now (lately) as a tester, I've seen absolutely no evidence of "hype" or "massaging". No-one at ORBX works that way and, to be honest, I think the products speak for themselves.

EDIT: If you're interested in FTX England, trawl through the screenshots forum for anything UK/ENG related. You should find many examples of ENG scenery from various locations. Other than restricting the pics to ORBX products, that forum is nigh-on unmoderated: people post what they like.

Cheers gents,

That clears up a lot from what I've read I have heard very good things about this scenery and I don't doubt it I just wanted to check before I committed to a purchase. I will be sure to check out the screenshot forums.

It seems I will be grabbing myself a copy of the software however I don't have an impressive PC, is the software frame rate friendly?

Thanks for your help,

Tom

Hello Tom,

I'm citizen of the Orbx world. I only fly on Orbx regions, without doubt the best sceneries for fligh simulation (P3D).

See by yourself, here are videos I've made flying on UK. The airports are addons otherwise is all Orbx FTX.

Kind regards,

Jorge.

I didnt originally think England was as good as other terrain areas but recent updates have impressed me. The 'Needles' are now very realistic looking. There are a number of freeware addons such as for the Clifton Suspension bridge and a train going past Shoreham station like a FS2004 product which cannot be named here! Orbx appear to be bringing it on. I doubt you will regret the purchase when you have got to grips with it.

I recently reviewed Wales, looked at PC Pilot which said the Menai Bridge was on it and a viaduct at the end of the runway at Cardiff....well those features werent showing on my PC!

I looked thro the forum found advice to look for an erroneos file, found I had it, deleted it and now viaduct and both Menai Bridges appear....oh joy!

If you are disappointed check the forums.

Lastly PNW, the first US terrain is a must have. You can add airports as you wish but Darrington, Concrete because its not far away, Fall City and Walter Sutton with Walter Musa's place being a fun challenge I consider off the cuff as high priorities to get. There are lots of others in that area, more at this time than in any other Orbx terrain area.

Archived