KTVL crash on taxi

plicpriest1

Good evening,

I just had an issue while taxiing the Carenado Hawker out of KTVL. While taxiing on A going south (`100' south of D) the aircraft crashes. I get the green crash message. I am taxiing at a slow speed and not hitting anything. So I am not sure what the issue is. If there is an invisible object the wing is making contact, perhaps.

Thank you

Brian

There are a few areas worldwide where this can happen and the only solution is to disable Crash detection in your sim's Options.

If you insist on crash detection being enabled then I suggest you disable it for take off and then re-enable, but you may well find hidden obstacles that will repeat the problem. I think most people now fly without the crash detection enabled so as not to be surprised when your kind of experience happens.

So try KTVL without crash detection enabled and see if the problem goes away.

Thank you for the reply. I will certainly try that. I typically like to have crash detection enabled because I like to have consequences of poor decisions, realism, etc. But since I haven't had any issues of that nature in years I guess I will disable crash detection.

Brian

PS the crash happened at night/ evening. I haven't had the opportunity to test and see if daytime it occurs as well.

• 1 month later...

In the last two days I suffered two unexpected crashes on KTVL (v. 110), apparently due to hidden objects, in two different taxiway points. First time was on taxiway H, while taxying from P12 to reach A on the way to RW18. Second time was on taxiway A, when moving from P2 to reach RW18.

I have not less than 40 Orbx airports around the world and I always keep Crash detection ON. I can guarantee that I have no recollection of any similar experience in any other Orbx airport. I recorded a video of both events. Let me know if you are interested to watch them, I will manage to load them online. 

Thanks a lot in advance

Filippo

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had this same issue, too.  I've flown KTVL since close to the time it came out, and have not had this problem before.  My problem started around the same time the OP did.  I made 2 changes about that time, and after them, I've had the crashes.  First, I moved FS Global Ultimate from one HD to another, which meant uninstalling and then reinstalling it.  I believe I added LC NA at the same time.  I think I had to update my libraries at that time.  Since then I've had the crash problem.  Since others are seeing it, I'd guess the FS Global Ultimate move didn't affect anything.  Less sure about adding LC NA.

I've consistently started from parking #2, and taxied down A toward RWY18, and the crash happens precisely at the intersection of H and A every time.  E, F, and G are never invovled.  Equally consistently, taxiing down A from #2 toward RWY36 results in a crash shortly after D.  I can start at the active, and take off and land on either runway without problems, and complete a flight by exiting from E or F.  But the two crash points are very consistent.  I've also found that landing much off the runway will produce a crash, whereas it didn't before.  It's almost as though runway and taxiway boundaries changed for some reason.  Do you think it's possible updating a library or adding LC NA would do that?

I haven't tried any of this with crash detection off yet, and will let you know what I find out.

I should mention of all my Orbx airports (I have a number of them), KTVL is my favorite.

Gary

Archived