R00201 - Beaches missing in NW Florida

dominique

I don't see any of the great Gulf beaches lying from Pensacola to Ochlockonee Bay. With OpenLCNA remodeling the landscape for the better, it gets a little bizarre to see Vector rocky shores there. I say NW Florida but the beaches actually go West  up to Bay St Louis Ms.

The coastline drawing is OK, the textures are wrong. There are beautiful sand beaches indeed. When you live in the region (I did), you bring  the kids to these beaches not the rocky shores that Vector draws :) ! When you have a girlfriend too B)...

Hopefully the beaches can be depicted correctly soon.  I have asked the same question on Aug. 10th in the payware support forum as I did not know if it is a VECTOR or Open LC problem/feature.

3 minutes ago, spud said:

Hopefully the beaches can be depicted correctly soon.  I have asked the same question on Aug. 10th in the payware support forum as I did not know if it is a VECTOR or Open LC problem/feature.

In a post few weeks back, John V confirmed that beaches (or the lack thereof...) are a Vector problem. I also hope to see them corrected before the last Vector iteration.

42 minutes ago, KORDATC said:

Most of the Atlantic coast of Florida is also missing beaches in Vector. 

I had a look at Daytona Beach, rather disappointing indeed <_<... We were not flying that much there before OpenLC NA (at least I was not) but now there's really a need to upgrade Vector. Exact coastlines means drawing and textures. John Venema said there would be two final iterations of Vector. I hope that 1.5 would include a serious look at the US coast textures.

+1 on me still using UTX for North America.  It displays all the coastal and inland waterway areas correctly.  I'll keep using it instead of Vector until the problems in Vector are solved.

NOTE:  That is NOT a complaint about Vector.  Just an observation and the reality of the current situation.  I sincerely hope to replace all of my UTX products someday with Vector in my sim. I've already purchased Vector, but again uninstalled it after trying the most current version of it because of the issues still associated with it's display accuracy.  I'm sure Richard and the Pilot's team will get the reported issues corrected over time, but for now it's still UTX for my Vector graphics.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, SPowell42 said:

Unfortunately I posted (and have continued to follow up) on this issue for 3 years now. I've given up, going to give my money to UTX. Was hoping to "upgrade" to Global Vector, but I guess it's just not going to happen.

So I see... KFFA is OK now but the Outer Banks and the coast below South, seem all rocky too. It does not make much sense to improve so well the coastlines precision with Vector and the landclass map with OLC NA and miss the sand beaches. Like in Florida they are iconic of the landscape. It is great to see that being "noted" but if it is not improved  in the subsequent upgrades, it is indeed a little frustrating. 

Vector is, for me,  indispensable for flying in Asia and Europe but I begin to have my doubts for the US, flying the OpenLC NA land all over. I don't know whether UTX brings more precision though ( all the beaches, more secondary roads, piers, water bodies etc...). I have shied away from UTX so far not to bother with compatibility issues. 

Although UTX probably does include the missing beaches that are the subject of this thread we are discussing VECTOR's non-rendition of the white sand beaches not a Third Party add-on scenery.

Although UTX scenery is excellent not everybody wants to install it. It IS noted to be extremely picky and at time interferes with FTX scenery as noted many times in these forums.

The white sand is a well know feature of Gulf beaches and VECTOR had ignored them since its inception.  More than enough time to make the correction IMHO!

Archived