Orbx Narvik is magical!

Sniper31

I don't know if I have missed all the great comments or user reviews of Narvik, or is it just that I am the first one to get around to posting about it. Whatever the case, I want to emphatically state how magical a job Tore Stranden has done developing this airport. What a wonderful gem of an airfield nestled into the fjords of northern Norway! There are so many wonderful details, from the wonderfully textured runway to the airport details, to the surrounding town and scenery. Amazing! I really like the crispness of the textures and colors used, especially on the airport buildings. So far, I have explored this scenery in the summer, with both good and bad weather, and it has looked equally great in the bright sun as it does in the fog and mist that sometimes surrounds the area. In low visibility conditions, when you pop around some terrains and see the glowing lights of the airfield seemingly floating over the water, it's a very welcome site. Then, as the airport runway and buildings emerge from the fog, you know you have reached a safe haven. But don't overshoot the runway! What a cool airport package, and a great addition to the Orbx library. And I haven't yet explored this in winter textures...should be a hoot!

EDIT: I forgot to add that the scenery is very smooth, with no issues, at least on my system. Could not ask for better.

:) :)

Everyone's screenshots, the screens from the home page and their video made me decide to spring for the full fat region and ENNK at once.  I can't even begin to describe how nice this airport is and Norway as a whole.  I'll be spending a lot of time just exploring.

I agree with what Sniper31 says about the quality and performance of Narvik, even though I am operating under different circumstances to him ie I have Windows 7 and FSX but I don't have Global etc . Although about a year ago I bought FTX Norway, because of the then reported problems of compatibility between Aerosoft airports and Norway I never got around to installing it.

I have Narvik installed over FSX Default scenery. I can't fault the quality of Narvik and how it operates in that context. That is consistent with what I have experienced when previously installing FTX Notodden and Sandane without having the prerequisite Norway installed or installing a number of payware and freeware Global airports elsewhere without having Global installed - all being installed over FSX Default scenery or MSE photoscenery.

I would expect that Narvik when used in conjunction with either or both of Norway or Global would be better but, based on my experience of it, I don't think that the absence of other FTX products ought to necessarily deter anyone from buying and enjoying Narvik.

Gary

• 2 months later...

Archived