OrbX Germany North Coverage

Captain_Yodie

Just now, Frank Schnibben said:

The southern boundary of Germany North runs from Roermond (NL) to Görlitz, so the Ruhr dams are included in GEN - expect nice custom dam models for Möhne and Eder. :)

Fantastic ! ! !

You have made my day with that info , I have some important spots in that immediate area .

A few years ago I was standing on the Möhne wall midway between the towers when a Tornado flew past , 

it sent a chill up my spine as I was standing on the part of the wall that was knocked out .

I'm sure that the guys that do Dambusters package with their Lancasters will be pleased to have good

ORBX renditions of  Möhne and Eder .

Oh ... how I'm looking forward to  GEN .

Cheers

Karol

"expect nice custom dam models for Möhne and Eder." :)

Excellent!! Sounds extremely Lustworthy...

How about the Sorpe? And the only other Dam Buster attack was at the Ennepe; one aircraft, unsuccessful...

Have just completed a series of Day + Night Lancaster attacks on the Moehne, Eder, Sorpe, and Ennepe  - posted on Youtube. But I expect when "Germany North" comes out, I'll want to do them again ..

Great work, guys, really looking forward to the release...

7 minutes ago, EastFB72 said:

Am I right in thinking that Germany South will include Switzerland and Austria or have I made that up?

Well, I don't think they will get a lot of customers from Switzerland and Austria if their countries were covered in a product named "Germany South" ;)

13 hours ago, Captain_Yodie said:

Just drew a line from Roermond to Gorlitz in Google Earth. It's close, but the Eder is not included, the Sorpe is. But since a developer has said the Eder is IN, I guess the R-G line is approximate...

It's tight, but it's in. :)

160819_Eder_01.jpg

2 hours ago, TheGreenToad said:

Well, I don't think they will get a lot of customers from Switzerland and Austria if their countries were covered in a product named "Germany South" ;)

Correct (perhaps except for a few tiny peripheral areas).

Cheers... Didnt think Switzerland / Austria would be included...

Just wasn't sure if I had heard somewhere that they were being included as neither are the biggest countries so thought they'd be merged with another area i.e. Switzerland is 41,000 sqm in size

Archived