Disabling a region

Darren Toogoog

Before the migration to the unified LC you could go into ftx central and just enable Global.  Since the migration everything is always on, whilst this has the advantage of not having to worry about switching regions etc it does means you lose the previous flexibility.  The only way now is to disable the entries through the scenery library.  I highly recommend a program called Simstarter NG which is fantastic, I couldnt fly without it now.  It does many things but one advantage is the ability to create custom profiles for your different aircrafts and the regions you want fly into and out of.  I recommend you check it out.

Each region has four entries in the scenery library.

Arguably these can be unticked more quickly than

waiting for FTX Central to start.

As above, previously, all the ORBX scenery library entries were active

regardless of which region was selected in FTX Central.

7 hours ago, MarkH said:

I don't think region switching ever disabled the scenery.

Are you sure?  My understanding pre unification was if I wanted to fly the NGX into say LAX I would fly with Global rather than North America active to save me some frames...I'm not entirely sure of the science behind making a region active but I'm sure it meant I was flying barebones Global scenery without all the bells and whistles (and performance loss) of a full fat region.

My understanding has always been that, pre migration, if you  just had global and vector (if installed) enabled all the regions were disabled in the scenery.cfg - very useful when you are trying to save VAS.  (Would very much like to have this flexibility post migration as any of the alternatives are more cumbersome but I get the impression that ain't going to happen).  But, on the other hand, if you selected any region in FTX central all the regions were indeed enabled in the scenery.cfg.

Bruceb

Selecting any region did indeed activate all the scenery library entries, which was the question.

Selecting Default or Global did indeed remove the scenery library entries.

If Global is not installed, this option remains in FTX Central, if it is installed, indeed the

option to disable\remove the scenery library entries has gone.

Archived