Vector forget its elevation settings

Hi,

First: I use scenery configurator to sort sceneries in groups to short the loading time of the sim.

After the latest vectorupdate and the hotfix I have to run the elevation correction in the vectortool to have the suitable elevations. I run this before and I wonder if these settings won't be saved in a database? Its very frustrating to start up the sim to see that I'm standing in a deep valley and I know: exit the sim and run vector tool! 

Are these settings saveable manually?

Kai

Hi,

not sure if this may help you, however: I use a number of SimStarter profiles for EU, NA, OC, and Global (including airports in the Middle East and Asia) with the corresponding scenery entries active. I made one more profile where all scenery entries are active and activate this profile before calling the Vector AEC tool. Then, in advance of flying in, say, NA, I activate the corresponding profile in SImStarter. Thus, all elevations within NA should be fine, at least in theory.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Michael,

Thank you for replying. Scenery configurator is working in the same way. I have regions like Benelux, Mittelmeer, DE-FRA etc and if I have a block active with its contained sceneries I run the AEC-tool too. But if I use another block at the moment and go back later to the block I "vectored" already it looks like the adjustments are forgotten.

I don't know if a vectorupdate resets these elevation settings. In the last time there were several updates. I hope this will be the reason for this behaviour of vector but a statement from a developer if I am right would be helpfull too.

regards, Kai

Doug beat me to it!

In the old days before migration, I used to have 2 profiles saved - one for Global on, and one for Regions on. Now post-migration, I just have one profile called P3D. Any time I have to run the Vector Configuration Tool, I always load the profile, do whatever it is I need to do (usually running the automatic elevation tool) and then save the profile again - this way I find nothing gets changed.

I do remember reading a post somewhere here on the forum that sometimes using Scenery Config Editor to make changes, and then saving those changes within the editor, had an effect on the scenery settings within ORBX - I am at work now and don't have time to search for the post, but I imagine doing a forum search for it should bring it up.

EDIT: Just had a lightbulb moment and remembered that the thing with Scenery Config Editor was not to have the option ticked to Follow New Scenery Conventions or something similar.

Cheers

Jack

Archived