OpenLC Phoenix

molleh

meh sorry but I disagree, still FORESTS in the desert . I was surprised to see more of the city such as north up to the I74 and Anthem,..however it really looks nothing like this in RL (my neighborhood) the hills appear to be flattened out as well.  KDVT is also covered in new shrubbery which I will post in another thread.2016-8-7_11-17-14-352.png KDVT2016-8-7_11-20-41-27.png2016-8-7_11-14-24-243.png

9 minutes ago, molleh said:

Do you have Global Vector? I do not have those forests on my sim. I made a response to a thread on Avsim here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/492902-library-update/#entry3463476

No I don't use Vector but I see you have a whole new forest at KDVT as well. Vector should have nothing to do with forests.  Thanks for the link..wish I would have done more research before I bought it . I give it a fail.

Double J, why would you give it a fail?  I am sure there will be mistakes here and there, especially with such a large area to cover. With user input I am sure Orbx will be able to fix those areas over time which are identified by the community.  Thanks

Rob

3 minutes ago, BoyScout said:

Double J, why would you give it a fail?  I am sure there will be mistakes here and there, especially with such a large area to cover. With user input I am sure Orbx will be able to fix those areas over time which are identified by the community.  Thanks

Rob

Okay maybe I'm a little harsh but forests in the Sonoran desert? This was an issue in the Beta shots...and now we have trees on the taxi ways at KDVT? lol

It's a bug/inaccuracy, Double J. They happen, and when people report them (constructively) they usually get fixed. As Rob said, OpenLC NA covers a HUUUUUUGE (millions of square miles) area of the planet. There are going to be some inaccuracies where improvements can be made. Also, you can't expect your neighborhood to look exactly like real life. It's a landclass and autogen-based scenery. You'll never see precise neighborhood layouts.

30 minutes ago, molleh said:

It's a bug/inaccuracy, Double J. They happen, and when people report them (constructively) they usually get fixed. As Rob said, OpenLC NA covers a HUUUUUUGE (millions of square miles) area of the planet. There are going to be some inaccuracies where improvements can be made. Also, you can't expect your neighborhood to look exactly like real life. It's a landclass and autogen-based scenery. You'll never see precise neighborhood layouts.

As far as a neighborhood goes I understand that and don't expect it to be . ..just an observation. But to see three large forests in Phoenix is a head scratcher. Lake Pleasant looks like a northern lake and there is a very large forest over in White Tank which is strange. Yet on the east side the major water bodies are void of trees which they should be,

That's why I asked if you have Vector installed. Part of what defines these "forested" areas as you see in Orlaam's post on Avsim is that these are actually "park" areas. You can see their boundaries if you look at something like Google maps (the standard map view, not satellite). Obviously they shouldn't actually have trees (depending on the region) but that just happens to be the texture that gets assigned if you don't have Global Vector.

White Tank looks like dry arid terrain (whatever you call it, I'm not a desert expert :P ) as it should as well, no forests:

O15qAnp.jpg

1 minute ago, molleh said:

That's why I asked if you have Vector installed. Part of what defines these "forested" areas as you see in Orlaam's post on Avsim is that these are actually "park" areas. You can see their boundaries if you look at something like Google maps (the standard map view, not satellite). Obviously they shouldn't actually have trees (depending on the region) but that just happens to be the texture that gets assigned if you don't have Global Vector.

White Tank looks like I dry arid terrain as it should as well, no forests.

I thought vector described roadways and shorelines. Forests would be part of landclass/textures. From what I understood to be not part of vector. 

Vector includes more than just roads and shorelines. It has city parks, wetlands, marshes, golf courses etc. as well. Those are considered "vectors" as their borders make up vectors themselves, basically in the same way as roads or rivers are, just with a different shape and texture.

Archived