FTX EU England SP5

Nigelhj

Just found out about this update a couple of days ago and would like to thank all those involved with the making of this.

The reason?  Living near Lincoln I found that you have not only added Lincoln Cathedral but also the castle itself along with the Union Jack!!

I lfew into the grounds of the castle by helicopter just to have a closer look and noticed that you had also included the old magistrates court along with the prison and to the west of the grounds the Crown Court which is still in use today and is where I made may debut for jury service in the mid seventies.  Mind you that proved to be quite profitable for me as the expenses received for five days service was more that I was paid as an HGV Driver!  However, after that week and the case concluded they asked for any volunteer to take up stand by jury service for the following week in case some-one did not turn up, being ex-service one think that I did learn was to never volunteer and this was my stance on this occassion but since no-one else put their name forward all our names went into a hat.  Now I have never been lucky with draws and that includes the Lottery but on this occassion my name was the first to be drawn out (just my luck)!

One question I do have regarding this update it is written in the announcement page that to see all the news and changed content please refer to the new Eng KMZ file from here:  Having got that I can only open it with notepad and all it shows is computer language of sorts.  If anyone can advise what else has changed I would be extremely grateful.

Regards

Nigel.

Not sure about the other POI stuff (I haven't checked yet) but the KMZ problem is easy. You need Google Earth installed. That will associate .kmz files and show all the info in layers. It's really worth checking *all* the ORBZ regions' KMZ files, as there's tons of useful information in them.

Adam.

Many thanks for your reply Adam, unfortunately I am not on the internet at home but with any luck should be later on in the year (September hopefully) when I get my State Pension then can look forward to downloading some new scenery.

Regards

Nigel.

Archived