FSglobal 2010 'ftx' edition install problems

papabb

Purchased from the FSS, downloaded all 6 files and have been trying to unzip using winzip

Everytime I try it keeps asking 'specify the location for part 1 of the archive"

I also keep getting on the 2nd file ,that it does not appear to be a valid zip file and please download again, done that twice now with same results

I use IDM...

Sent FSS an email 2 days ago with no response( I know they are 14 hours ahead of my TZ and I know I will get a response)

Unfortunately I did not opt to purchase the CD's as well so I am asking FSS if I can purchase separately

Any Ideas?

Rick

1 hour ago, papabb said:

I also keep getting on the 2nd file ,that it does not appear to be a valid zip file and please download again, done that twice now with same results

When I downloaded the mesh, I got one file with a .zip extension and five others with extensions .z01 through .z05. If yours are like that you only have to unzip the .zip file. An archive utility that understands multi-part zips should handle the others automatically (make sure all the downloaded files are in the same folder).

Hope that makes sense.

35 minutes ago, GeorgeM said:

When I downloaded the mesh, I got one file with a .zip extension and five others with extensions .z01 through .z05. If yours are like that you only have to unzip the .zip file. An archive utility that understands multi-part zips should handle the others automatically (make sure all the downloaded files are in the same folder).

Hope that makes sense.

This is how I have installed PILOTS Global Mesh FTX Edition 2010 into P3D, and without issue.

I tried Getright for download which had all the packet sizes right but MD5 errores despite. Besides, 7-zip was just unable to unzip the files properly. I tried this combo several times, as it had worked for all other addons I downloaded from the FSS up to that point.

This was ~3 years ago when I bought this, and at that time there were several others reporting similar issues, I wouldn't exclude things working better now or other possibilities to work as well... 

Kind regards, Michael

Glad it worked. I have kept a backup of the unzipped files for further installations since, although once installed, you can keep the installed files and just add their library entries in case of a simulator re-install.

Kind regards, Michael

It's not free, but I think it's the best "zipper/unzipper" available.  There is a 40-day free trial so you can get a chance to try-before-you buy. I've used it for years and have never had a compression/decompression failure caused by the software. And, it works on virtually anything that's in a compressed format. One place to get it is here   http://www.winrar.biz/   .   -   Doug

Archived