Missing rainforest around Cancun/Mexico

After a few days exploring OLC NA I'm still amazed how much this add on improves the look of the sim. Fantastic job ORBX!

Spending my evenings flying in some airports which I have visited in real life I noticed that the area around Cancun (MMUN) looks a bit off. Large parts are covered with fields instead of tropical rainforest. I'm not sure if this is a true error or too high expectations on my side from an landclass pack of this size. Just want to make you aware of it:

MMUN.jpg

Hi John!
Thank you for your quick response. Overall I agree with you that Cancun and especially the residential areas are well represented. Also one have to keep in mind that the source data for the US is probably more reliable than for Mexico.

But comparing Cancun in the sim with real world aerials like Google Earth (what I did before opening this topic) shows some noticeable deviations. There are simply no fields and farmland around Cancun and its hinterland and down till Tolum. Just rain forest and mangroves which stretches to the coast: (jump to 8:00 in the video)

Please don't get me wrong. OpenLC NA is the best add on I bought this year for FSX and there is so much more to discover. And I'm aware that an add on of this scale can't compete with a full fat region. So fixing up here and there would just be the icing on the cake.

Archived