Exuma, Abaco in the Bahamas devoid of life

harryw

Hello, after installing OpenLC NA virtually all small settlements have disappeared (the textures look great though!) including Marsh Harbor on Abaco, which is not all that small. 

I do have Nassau.

Florida Keys with some similar size settlements on the other hand are very accurate, almost like hand placed. 

Question: is this as it should be, problem on my side or is this work in progress (would be understandable)?

I have 2 OPENLC_NAMERICA entries in my scenery list and saw it mentioned somewhere that there should be 3. Could that be a problem?

This is on Prepar3D 3.3, migration to FTX Central 2 went fine.

(pics from apprx. Lat 23.63, Lon -75.95)

Thanks for looking!

global:

global.jpg

open LC:

openlc.jpg

google Earth:

googearth.jpg

I don't think that the Caribbean was worked on as extensively as the mainland US & Mexico. I wrote a post about the appearance of many buildings in the water along various island coastlines (Jamaica, Barbados & Havana Cuba) and John Dow indicated that some of the vector data for that region may not be as accurate as it could be, resulting in those anomalies. A shame because I also mentioned that Caribbean island hopping was something I had looked forward to assuming that the details in OLCNA 2 would be better than Global alone. Oh well, at least the rest of OLCNA 2 is great.

16 minutes ago, Bushpounder said:

KORDATC - I was going to write that about Bimini. South Bimini is really covered with assorted trees, mostly pines from what I remember.

38716149.jpg

Don

Correct Don.  The whole island is covered with them.  Very strange trees.  While they're technically a coniferous tree with a whole bunch of needles, they actually look more like a normal deciduous tree.  In any case though, I remember them being very short.  I think if ORBX just covered the island with a ton of large bushes, it would probably do it the most justice.

bimini_shore.jpg

Archived