Black tiles over water

Hello,

I have just installed openLC NA, and since then I see black tiles where there should be water (see screenshot).

When I'm flying very near, the tiles are then shown correctly. But if I look behind, sometimes they switch back to black. I've never seen that before installing OpenLC NA, but it might be coincidental.

I have mostly seen that in the Oregon state, near Portland, this is the Hood River between Portland and The Dalles.

Sceneries I have:

- FTX Global Base

- FTX Global Vector

- FTX Global openLC Europe & North America

- Northern California

(plus some others, region in Europe, and a few airports, let me know if you want the full list)

Library insertion points seem in the correct order: FTX, OLC, Bathymetry, ..., not sure it is relevant here anyway.

All options in Global Vector are turned on, I did the airport elevation corrections auto-config, but once again I don't think it's relevant here.

I'm running Prepar3D v3.2, my system specs are below

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

I also have ASN and REX4 TD / SC.

the graphics options are:

- texture resolution 2048x2048

- scenery: mesh resolution=5m, texture resolution=15cm, level of detail radius=max, water detail=ultra, bathymetry on.

Any idea what could be wrong? It seems specific to this place.

It's apparently not possible to upload my 430 kB JPEG screenshot in these forums, so I had to host it somewhere, let me know if you can't see it: 1d8fe3d292.jpg

I was wondering the same.

And more to the point, is that a problem on P3D's side? By searching further I saw similar reports and work-arounds from long ago in the past, but if there is something in the documentation I didn't see it. So, bug or misconfiguration of P3D?

1 hour ago, Redglyph said:

I was wondering the same.

And more to the point, is that a problem on P3D's side? By searching further I saw similar reports and work-arounds from long ago in the past, but if there is something in the documentation I didn't see it. So, bug or misconfiguration of P3D?

It's a bug, not a misconfiguration as far I know.

Archived