openLC North America install help please

GrayRider

I'd like to get some help installing this new product into my FSX, know that I have all four parts downloaded, but not unzipped just yet.

I currently have four temp folders on my desktop. Each of the four parts are in there own temp folder. The contents of the four parts are not unzipped yet. Can I run and install each part one at a time, once I extract there contents in each of the temp folders?. I'm sure I'll have to add my registration details of each part etc.

I had thought about putting all four parts into one temp folder, and extract the contents of all four parts in one temp folder rather than four. I'm not sure though, if I will have to run all four .exe installers from the one temp folder.

So. I'd like to get some kind of step by step instruction/ assistance  installing all four parts of this product. I'm just looking for the best way for me to do the install process. I sure can't afford any errors, during the install process.

Thanks for any assistance.

GrayRider

Hi, GrayRider.  Extract all four zips into the *same* folder, maybe call it "unzips" or some such.  There are something like 21 that will end up in this one folder.  The exe is in zip #4. Then run the exe from the one folder with 21 files in it and supply all the usual registration info when asked.  The installer does the rest.  Good luck!

Stewart.

I created another temp folder, and called it openLC NA. I then moved the four downloaded files from there temp folders, and put them in the new folder I created. I than unzipped the four parts in the new folder I created. There is 21 files, and the installer is in part four. In my new folder I still have four single folders and can see all the contents of each folder. If I run the installer from part four when I open it. Will the installer see the other files in the other three folders(parts 1,2 and 3?.

I think maybe I may have messed up, when I extracted the files from the four downloads?. I haven't run the installer just yet. I think I was supposed to have all 21 files showing in the temp folder I created?.

If this is the case. Can I copy all the files of the four folders and put the files only in another new temp folder, and than run the installer etc?.

GrayRider

That will work. Yes, they need to all be in same folder. Moving them all to a single folder and then running the installer is the solution.   -   Doug

(Actually, you can just move the files from three of the folders into the fourth folder and run the installer from there. No new folder needed.)

I kind of started over. I never did delete the four parts, when I downloaded them. This time. I created another new temp folder, and cave it a name. I then extracted the contents from each of the four downloaded zips and put the files only into the new temp folder I just created. I now have 21 files showing. The first file is the installer. I'm looking at it now.

After I run the installer and loads everything into my FSX. What should I do next, after the install process is complete?. I'm assuming I should either open my FTX central or start my FSX and see if I get the data build, as with any orbx install etc?.

GrayRider   

I did install the openLC North America about an hour ago. I ran the installer,  and it installed everything, without any error hiccups, as far as I could see. My Central did open and did the sync required. I than started my FSX and it did build the required indexes.

I'm just not sure what new added items if any I should be seeing in my FSX library other than the OLC_NA_Lights. I'm adding three screenshots. Two, which are of my FSX Library entries. The other one is where the files were added in my regular FSX Orbx folder. For now. I'm just assuming my FSX Library has the required new openLC NA added item's etc.?.

Maybe some of you could give me a few places I should go to in my FSX, to see if my added openLC North America did install the way it should have so I see a remarkable difference, at what I'm seeing etc.

screenshot3955.jpg

screenshot3954.jpg

screenshot3956.jpg

GrayRider

Archived