help - my pacific ocean is trees and ground cover

Jbaran

hi all - I am wondering if I have a library mis-order or some type of improper setting

just installed p3d and re-installing all my orbx ftx items

right now just pacific northwest, squamish add on and hd trees - for some reason as I fly out of squamish the water switches from proper ocean but as I get away from the town, the ocean turns to forest and green land mass??

hopefully this is a simple oversight on my part somehow?

any advice much appreciated

regards, Ron

in my scenery lib items are layered as follows

ftx_aa_cyse

na_pnw05

na_pnw06

na_pnw07

na_pnw08

ftx_aa orbx lib

west na

all the 'bases'

all others are turned off

and just trying to give more 'context' or info ...

in ftx

insertion points has ftx in orange at very top of list

libraries is dated version 160528 may 2016

ftx says all is up to date

23 minutes ago, Jbaran said:

in my scenery lib items are layered as follows

ftx_aa_cyse

na_pnw05

na_pnw06

na_pnw07

na_pnw08

ftx_aa orbx lib

west na

all the 'bases'

all others are turned off

Your ftx_aa orbx lib entry should be above all ftx entries.  You can adjust its position using FTX Central.

thanks Stew

when I go into ftx central I only have one ftx line item in the insertion points adjusments window - it just says ftx in orange and is above all else, but no other ftx items listed there?

I can go and try and change in p3d to put the lib above all else

Ron

1 minute ago, Jbaran said:

thanks Stew

when I go into ftx central I only have one ftx line item in the insertion points adjusments window - it just says ftx in orange and is above all else, but no other ftx items listed there?

I can go and try and change in p3d to put the lib above all else

Ron

Yeah, sorry, that's true.  You'll have to make the change manually.  Doh!

I've put the library in scenery list right to top, and then the squamish airport under that ?? but still no pacific ocean - just a big forested area where the oceans should be once I leave squamish ...

maybe I need to just reinstall the ftx items one by one ... perhaps the pacific northwest 'cumulative' updates somehow got gibbled going in over the base p3d??

regards, Ron

11 minutes ago, Jbaran said:

I've put the library in scenery list right to top, and then the squamish airport under that ?? but still no pacific ocean - just a big forested area where the oceans should be once I leave squamish ...

maybe I need to just reinstall the ftx items one by one ... perhaps the pacific northwest 'cumulative' updates somehow got gibbled going in over the base p3d??

regards, Ron

That might work, Ron.  But if it doesn't, I would wait for Holger or another dev to help out.  I only noticed your Libs were misplaced and possibly that might be the source of the problem. 

if I want to uninstall and try a re-install of my ftx products, starting with pacific northwest, hd trees and then squamish airport ... how do I do it? is it relatively easy to uninstall the ftx items one by one from pd3? or would that be 'unwise' at this point?

regards, Ron

anybody??? really want to fly again with oceans :)!! and don't want to install all my other orbx airports until I get this sorted

am fine with re-install of the ftx products to date but not sure of best way to uninstall

heeeellllllp :)

ok - oceans are back :)!!

I found a link in sub forums on uninstalling all orbx ftx items - did so and re-installed taking care to first install the pnw then let the obj libraries update, while region on default, then 'unify' - all went well and then I re-installed orbx hd trees and squamish airport and just had a wonderful flight in the vans rv-4 landing at yvr .... I am sure much to the horror of the tower control there :)

so now on to installing all my other pnw airports, Vancouver plus, Victoria plus, fsx dream team yvr, larry's ferries and terminals, Nanaimo, and on and on - looking forward to it

thanks for all the wonderful products orbx team!

regards, Ron

Hi Ron,

sorry I missed this thread but glad to hear you have the Pacific back. It's a bit odd though: usually, missing waterbodies indicate an issue with the Orbx custom block of entries for the terrain.cfg file. However, those entries are checked each time FTX Central is run. Not sure why that didn't work in your case, perhaps a temporary write-lock on your terrain.cfg.

The other possible interference are water exclude files at higher display priority but you didn't have other scenery entries active above the FTX block.

As for the positioning of the OrbxLibs FTXAA_ORBXLIBS entry: it is indeed sorted automatically (alphanumerically) by FTXCentral; but even if it wasn't it wouldn't make any difference to this issue because all it does contain is object library files and their textures, nothing to do with landscape components.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger - I think it had something to do with install of pnw and then lib updates somehow - and central migration -  at any rate so far so good ...

but last night I realized I installed 5 orbx airports as p3dv2 (is that ok? They seem to be working fine?) or should I go uninstall them and download again from sim store - where I assume installer will give a p3d v3 optional?

if so what is the simple way to uninstall orbx airports properly?

regards Ron

Archived