74S Anacortes, problem of autogen at the harbor

Handie

Hello,

First of all, thank you for this version of Anacortes for P3D.

Otherwise, I noticed a lack of autogen on a strip at the edge of Anacortes port.

Here are some screens :

2016-7-5_15-52-31-652.jpg

2016-7-5_16-5-6-327.jpg

2016-7-5_18-35-23-985.jpg

G'day Handie,

I can't replicate the issue unfortunately - see screenshot below. First up, try refreshing your scenery library in P3D, sometimes there are minor glitches where autogen will momentarily not display correctly. If this doesn't fix your issue, I suspect the issue is caused by a third-party scenery; try disabling any non-ORBX sceneries in your library and narrow down the cause. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

gN1KQ5k.jpg

Hello Jarrad and thank you for the answer.

Refreshing my sceneries library had change nothing.

As third-party scenery in this region, I have only PNW_ferries of Larry Robinson and there is indeed a liaison Anacortes-Guemes.
I had even taken a screen before installing 74S Anacortes (see below).
This is certainly where I must I look for to solve this problem of autogen.

I would not like turn off "PNW_ferries" completely, because I really like, but I do not know exactly which files disable into the folder.
I'll look.

Regards,

Nadine

Anacortes Ferry.jpg

Hi Nadine, and my apologies to  Jarrad,

This is very awkward; new guy steps on the master developer's  toes.  I've confirmed the problem with the PNW ferries at Anacortes and I have a suspicion of what's wrong. I'll fix it if I can and if not, tell you which files to turn off or delete.  I probably should redo the Anacortes Guemes ferry terminals so they fit S74 better  and finish the WSF terminal to the west. The Anacortes Guemes ferry route currently has another problem.  I  have assigned the model of the WSF ferry Hiyu to this route (the best choice I have), but actually the ferry is run by Skagit County and uses a much different boat:  http://skagitcounty.net/departments/publicworksferry. 

Hi Nadine,

I’ve traced the problem to a  photoscenery file in the LR_PNW_ferries\scenery for this area.

Delete or disable the file PhotoGuemes2.bgl. It’s only slightly higher resolution than the S74 PR for that area so you probably would not even notice.

Let me know if this works. I’ve checked it a number of times and I’m quite certain this is the issue. I could not find any problems with the file.  Specifically the blend mask for it seems OK.  I suspect the problem is related to putting PR on top of existing PR. ...OK, it's just a guess. :)

On July 8, 2016 at 9:23 AM, Larry_R said:

Hi Nadine,

I’ve traced the problem to a  photoscenery file in the LR_PNW_ferries\scenery for this area.

Delete or disable the file PhotoGuemes2.bgl. It’s only slightly higher resolution than the S74 PR for that area so you probably would not even notice.

Let me know if this works. I’ve checked it a number of times and I’m quite certain this is the issue. I could not find any problems with the file.  Specifically the blend mask for it seems OK.  I suspect the problem is related to putting PR on top of existing PR. ...OK, it's just a guess. :)

Hi Larry,

Thanks for this fix,

I've found the file in my LR_PNW_ferries to be disabled is called "PhotoQuemes2.bgl" as I couldn't find the "PhotoGuemes2.bgl" file as you described.

possibly a misprint, I'm not sure just thought I'd let you know.

Thanks again :)

Greg Z

G'day guys,

Glad you got it sorted - and no worries at all about the clash Larry, it's a very unusual bug and one that we almost never come across. It's not very often that we find two high-resolution photoreal areas with full autogen annotation overlap! :)

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived