Orbx Global Lights x P3D v3.3.5

Hi! I´d like to ask help from you guys. Maybe you can assist me in dealing with this situation that is driving me crazy. First, my system and what i have activated in P3D:

Win 10 Pro 64bits

Nvidia last WHQL driver

P3D V3.3.5

Orbx Global 1.40

Orbx Global Lights Configurator

Orbx Vector

My situation is that i don´t have any Global Lights working in my setup as can be seen in the pictures below (Taken near default SBPA airport):

Day is ok:

orbx1.jpg

Here is the problem, by night:
orbx2.jpg

What i have already done:

- Cleared P3D shadders cache

- Created and reinstaled global lights profile thru Orbx Global Lights Configurator a dozen times

- Deactivated all sceneries minus Global + Vector with the same results

My P3D ins installed outside the protected windows folder. It is installed in a dedicate partition e:\Prepar3D v3

Please, if someone that had the same problem, or someone that can bring me some "light", help is most welcome!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Well, discovered one thing: my autogen files in p3d folder are smaller than the autogen files inside orbx folder (The .spb files).

I´m using the new ftx central (.21) and i have only the FTX Global region in my list. So i clicked in the "Apply region" button, but i don´t see any change in the .spb files inside p3d "autogen" folder.

So i imagine this is the problem. The Global autogen is not applying. Although i managed to find the problem, i will not try any corrections by my self. So please, if some orbx staff can help me to identify why ftx central is not applying the files needed, please do so.

Will wait. Thanks.

Yes, that´s the second item in my "already did" list in my first post above. I realized that my .ptb autogen files are a lot smaller that the .ptb files inside orbx folder. It indicates that something was not correct installed. Even that i had no error messages anytime in ftx central use or ftx global instalation.

OBS: I have FSX-SE installed with orbx global lights working perfectly in the same machine.

But i thank you for your comment! :)

So i clicked in the "Apply region" button, but i don´t see any change in the .spb files inside p3d "autogen" folder.

I'm no expert in the migration, there is only one person who is, I think, but if you are still able to click on Apply Group, you do not have the latest version

of FTX Central.

As you have spotted, you have no autogen in either your day or night screen shots.

Try downloading and installing the latest libraries and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply! Interesting that i had the migration screen and the process ended with no errors to me. And the button to "Apply region" was still there with ftx central 2.1.5988.3534. Will try your suggestion and report back. Thanks!

Hi! installed the latest lib manually (Outside Ftx Central) with the installer but with no change. As i´m almost alone in trying to deal with this, i did a test by my self:

I made a backup of my .spb files and copied over the .spb files from this folder: xxx:\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\Scripts\custom.gb_base

Started p3dv3 and the lights, trees and everything else came back live. So, the issue may be there. FTX Central is NOT doing what it´s suposed to do. Even that i don´t get any error from it anytime and i have the latest version installed (Post-migration).

So, the remaining question is: is there anything else besides copying the .spb file needed to get all the whistles and bells from FTX Global Autogen and lights? I know ftx don´t support this kind of "fix" but if ftx central is not wirking, what else alternative do i have?

Thanks.

Archived