Scenery issues at S50 Auburn Municipal

hlminx

Hi

I've been having some scenery problems with S50 (Auburn Municipal) since installing FTX Global Base and Vector.  I used to have Orbx PNW installed and never had any issues, but since the additonal software was added, i now get the following:

• Trees on the taxiway and aprons
  • A patchwork of strange textures such as water, ploughed fields and Car Parks etc. where there should be none.
  • Houses and trees in lakes

I did float my problem on another FS forum and asked others with the same software (Global Base, Vector and PNW) to see whether they had the same problem and they did not.

In the end I uninstalled everything on my PC back to Win7 and reinstalled from FSX Acceleration upwards. I followed the installation guide installing FSX first, then Global Base, then Vector, Then Open LC Europe (which shouldnt have affected this but still quoting it),  and then PNW. I flew a default aircraft after each installation, re-ran the Orbx Libs each time, and also ran the Vector configuration tool before and after instlaling PNW. I have attached the Scenery library files as follows:

• Scenery 120616_before global base
  • Scenery 250616_after vector
  • SceneryAfterPNW

I have installed the Update to Global Vector to 1.35, and I have tried PNW with and without the patches.. same result.

I have followed the advice from Steffan's post to see if anything changed when PNW was unticked in the Scenery library, and ran the configurator as suggested. Interestingly, i still get trees on the apron and taxiways, plus strange patchwork of textures, but different ones to those i get when PNW is ativated in the Library.

I am attaching the examples for your perusal... i do hope that they help you ascertain the problem. I took a leap of faith going back to scratch when I thought a reinstall from FSX upwards might help, but at the moment I'm stuck for a solution.

Here are the Coordinates for each screenshot:

Houses & trees in water.jpg - LAT: N47  20.58'   LON: W122  10.12'    Alt 2292

Strange textures & trees.jpg - LAT: N38  57.25'   LON: W121  5.02'    Alt 1502.7

Trees in water.jpg - LAT: N47  20.58'   LON: W122  10.12'    Alt 2292

Trees on taxiway & apron - LAT: N38  57.23'   LON: W121  5.09'    Alt 1502.7

Without PNG.jpg  - LAT: N47  19.39'   LON: W122  13.60'    Alt 66.7

Without PNG2.jpg - LAT: N47  19.39'   LON: W122  13.60'    Alt 66.7

I'm guessing that the change in altitute when on the ground at Auburn Municipal is significant when comparing the presence of PNW.

I found a post by Holgar Sandmann which related to BGLs so i have searched my PC for any files with 'S50' and they can bee seen in the screenshot BGLs s50

Hope someone can help me... Global, Vector and Open LC were an investment that I am so looking forward to enoying to the max.. Is it just this airport which has the issue?

Many thanks in anticipation

Steph

Houses&Trees in water.jpg

Strange textures & trees.jpg

Trees in water.jpg

Trees on Taxiway & Apron.jpg

Without PNG2.jpg

WithoutPNG.jpg

BGLs S50.jpg

Scenery 250616_after Vector.txt

Scenery 120616_before Global Base.txt

SceneryAfterPNW.txt

I do not see anything like you do, with PNW, Global and  Vector active.

Vector does not contain an airport elevation correction for this airport in any case.

I have no idea why you should see what you do, unless you have somehow disrupted

your scenery library entries.

Theoretically we have the same files and I see this.

2016-6-27_19-40-41-486.jpg

Hi Nick

I was stumped too when i asked for people on another forum to check their view of the same airport and with the same scenery which is why i finally opted for a total reinstall from Windows 7 upwards.

I have been really careful at each stage to do things methodically and take notes/copies of scenery files etc.

Everything is fine till in install PNW then it all goes pear-shaped!

I don't know what else i can do..

I fear that my answer can only be the same as you have so far received.

Possibly someone else will have encountered this and may contribute.

I will move the topic from the Vector forum to the general support forum where

it is far more likely to attract attention.

Thanks Nick

I really hope that someone can help.. I haven't even installed any other scenery and its not working!

FSX and all the files pertaining to it were uninstalled and the drive wiped before i started agian and i ran CC Cleaner to get shot of any registry entries for FSX and anything FS related..

So frustrated as i can't move any further on with reinstalling all the other software i have until this is sorted out.

Thanks for trying though.. appreciate your prompt response

Hi there,

one thing of note is that the file dates of your PNW S50 files are "ancient"; they should be from 2014. File dates from 2009 indicate that you're using the original PNW RTM version, which is very much outdated. Hard to say whether that's the cause of your display issues but it's always best to start with the current PNW version.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger

Thanks for your message

Most of my Orbx add ons are boxed... i just assumed that i had to install and then add all the patches. How can i just get the most up to date versons to install?

Luckily, after all the trouble i had starting from scratch, i took an image of my 3 hard drives before i added on PNW so i can go back to just before that and install a newer version..

Could you point me in the right direction?

Many thanks... still keeping my fingers and toes crossed!!

Hi there,

I'm not seeing PNW in your FSS purchase list otherwise you could just download the current installer from your FSS account. If the box is from a third-party vendor you can get access to current download versions via the FSS cross-grade offer, for a nominal fee; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/75513-fss-cross-grade-offer-for-all-orbx-dvd-customers-from-other-online-stores/

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger

My order No with Aerosoft was 44823... i have a copy of the invoice with my boxed copy..

I have the 2 patches and installed the first on (005) but now FTX Central has totally disappeared and i only have FTX Central 2 in both my programs list and on my desktop. My previous Icon for FTX Central, where i could change the area his just a dummy icon which doesn't open the old Central program.

I don't know how i can make sure i am set to North America without FTX Central

Any ideas?

Cheers

Steph

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Still not getting anywhere with this issue.

I posted my Order number with Aerosoft for PNW.. i'm not sure what else i can do..

Does anyone have any other ideas?

All i can say is that before i purchased Global and Vector, I had no issues at all

Any help would be appreciated..

Cheers

Steph

Did FTX Central 2 run the "migration"process? i.e. did you install the latest ORBX libraries and run the new FTX Central which now runs a new "unified" landclass lookup system where you no longer have to select a specific region? If YES - then that is the problem. Many many people are experiencing landclass and texture problems post "migration". ORBX have told us they are working on the problem - but nothing has been forthcoming and there are no solutions proposed to revert back to previous versions or any workarounds.

I am very surprised from the ORBX responses that they seem not to be aware of this major problem. Look under the "FTX Central 2" sub forum for similar problems experienced by others all over the world.

Kind regards,

Hi Rhett
Thanks for replying so quickly.

Originally, I did just install the latest orbxLibs after installing PNW and then again after Patch 5 and 8..

When the scenery was still completely messed up, I reinstalled PNW but didn't run the LIBs till after patch 8.. but its still a total mess at most of the airports in the PNW region

Seriously beginning to wish i'd never spent so much money on this.. If i want to fly with PNW as intended i have to ditch Global and Vector.. or i just have to fly at 30k feet when i can't see anything..

Hopefully something will be sorted soon.. My flight sim was one of my greatest pleasures, and now I take very little pleasure in it as I have reinstalled from FSX upward and can't even get past Global and Vector without the world looking lopsided!

Hi hlminx,

I fully sympathise. However, hang in there. I am sure that there will be a solution and the latest word is that they are busy testing the fix or solution. There is a "sit rep" post by the CEO John Venema confirming that they are working on the solution - but evidently it is taking much longer than expected. For me it has been exceptionally frustrating as I have finally had some free time to fly in the last few weeks and enjoy this fantastic hobby - but instead I have spent most of my time on this forum searching and waiting for some good news to come through. Its very unusual for ORBX to have introduced something that has gone pear-shaped. I have nearly all the FTX products and so a re-install is simply out of the question.

Best regards,

21 hours ago, Rhett said:

I fully sympathise. However, hang in there. I am sure that there will be a solution and the latest word is that they are busy testing the fix or solution. There is a "sit rep" post by the CEO John Venema confirming that they are working on the solution - but evidently it is taking much longer than expected. For me it has been exceptionally frustrating as I have finally had some free time to fly in the last few weeks and enjoy this fantastic hobby - but instead I have spent most of my time on this forum searching and waiting for some good news to come through. Its very unusual for ORBX to have introduced something that has gone pear-shaped. I have nearly all the FTX products and so a re-install is simply out of the question.

Thanks for the support Rhett..

I'm still astounded that ORBX Support did not advise me of this when i first posted and left me to re-install my entire system TWICE before you posted a response to my dilemma.

I appreciate you taking time out to try and help me with this. Lets hope the development team resolve things sharpish!

With best regards

• 1 month later...

Archived