OpenLC EU replaces golf courses

Hi,

after installing openLc Eu I noticed that the golf courses are replaced by other textures. Here are some comparison screen shots for better understanding.

How can I get the golf course back when using openLC Eu. The image is taken near Frankfurt, Germany.

Thanks in advance.

without openLC.png

with openLC.png

Most odd, that may be influenced by some other landclass product you're using. What other landclass scenery products do,you have installed in the sim, or do you have any airports installed nearby? What happens if you deactivate all non-Orbx scenery in your scenery library?

Same here,  but I have FTX Vector 1.35 installed. Below three screenshots:

1. FTX Global + FTX OpenLC Europe

2016-06-26 13_42_50-Greenshot.jpg

2. FTX Global only

2016-06-26 13_45_03-Greenshot.jpg

3. FTX Global + FTX Vector

2016-06-26 13_47_25-Greenshot.jpg

With all three FTX Global, FTX OpenLC and FTX Vector it looks fine. This is after migration. So it seems to be a problem with the unified lclookup and/or FTX Vector.

Regards

Ralf

EDIT: No other landclass product installed, so no UTX, and no other addon in this area. This is on a vanilla P3D 3.3.5 (I did reinstall after first migration broke my sim) with only FTX products. FTX Trees is installed too.

2 hours ago, Flugsimulatorpilot said:

I installed Vector too and now I also have the golf course shown with activated Global and OpenLC EU. So now it looks like your's Jack. Without OpenLC EU and only ORBX FTX Global there are a lot of buildings instead of trees, but with OpenLC activated there are mostly trees.

Well, that's good.  We're seeing the same thing, I like the trees better, it looks nicer.

• 2 weeks later...

I disapprove of half assed replies, so this will be a long one.

I can confirm that its not a problem with your setup, and i have found there is a slight oversight by the developers at ORBX. The product is awesome, but they have one problem with golf courses for users who install Global vector and also use another region like, Australia, OPENLC EUROPE, PNW etc.
I am not certain but i am suspicious that these issues only come about when we "install" global after we have installed a region. By "install", i mean actually install, not activate.

I have done a lot of research into the issue, as i am faced with a similar problem.

My golf courses in Australia, all became bugged with some very strange water textures after i installed global vector.
I discovered it is a conflict between
a. the 2 of the global vector scenery library entries and
b. the entries for the FTX region's vector and or texture data.

So if i disable the 2 scenery library entries for global _CVX and _EXX whilst flying in a region which has its own FTX region coverage, the issue is sort of resolved: See screenshots below.

This may very well be your issue so give it a try. It is far too much of a coincidence to be golf courses causing both our almost identical issues. I get water, you get sand.

Now in theory if you are flying in a region with a detailed addon like open_LC EU, or Australia, or PNW or CRM, ENGLAND....etc  any of those; you should in theory have greater detail in those regions than ftx global can produce. For that reason, it should be acceptable to disable these FTX global features when flying within these specific regions as they should be taken care of by the region package.

The only problem i have found with my "solution", is that the nice rocky coastlines supplied with global (not supplied with Australia) are disabled with this solution so i cant have the best of both worlds. For this reason, i cant cal my resolution a solution, more of a workaround. Hopefully ORBX will realise this bug and do something about it from their own findings, its far too complicated for me to sum up into a support request.

It baffles me how beta testing didn't come across this.

Here is a couple of screenshots of my problem and the result after my resolution:

beforefix.jpg

afterfix.jpg

ftxbugfix.jpg

Thank you for your contribution.

The effect that Vector has on the Australian scenery is comprehensively documented and for a very long

time, the advice has been to disable Vector when flying in Australia.

The latest update to Vector (1.40) includes a switch in the Vector Configurator which completes this process

and requires no subsequent action by the customer.

Vector has no effect in other regions, except sometimes to affect airport elevations, and OpenLC is not a region.

On 6/27/2016 at 4:18 PM, JS07 said:

Well, that's good.  We're seeing the same thing, I like the trees better, it looks nicer.

Here's the same scene in Google Earth Jack.

You can see how OpenLC adds greatly to the accuracy of the landclass but I also see the "quarry" texture

in place of the golf course if I switch Vector off.

My solution is not to do so.:)

Untitled4c0a0.jpg

Hi Nick, thanks.  Yeah, I like Vector and never turn it off.  I have ticked the "I have Vector" selection in 1.40 for AU but I don't like to muck about with the system.

I like to see other guys do it and their results, all that is for me really is a learning experience.  I trust Orbx, I know they produce the best stuff or I wouldn't be here.  No one's perfect but they're coming pretty darned close, closer than other delevopers I have used.  

I like what you do, you go right to Google Earth and compare, that's a great idea.  VH does that too while he flys and takes screenshots and coupled with his narrative always makes for some great reading.

I like to read the posts and when someone is seeing some anomaly I go there and see if I have it, first to see if my system might be messed up and second to try and help or confirm what they're seeing.  That's what I did in this case, I probably would have never ever flown there in this huge world otherwise.  Curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought him back. 

Cheers Nick,

Best regards,

Jack 

its a shame that we must disable vector when flying in Aus, as i paid for it to enhance my sim, and it will do if i have it on and let it add the valuable parks and improvements that it does. Its just golf courses. They are the only thing that has an issue. Please consider me the greatest tester of ORBX of all time on earth, i spend every waking minute of every day mucking around with it.
The absolute best thing i have done to fix this issue, is disable golf courses in the FTX global configurator, and disable global vector exclusions (_EXX) in the scenery library. This way i get all the extras of FTX global, which you can see in the screenshot labelled, 'nogolfcourses no EXX'.

The screenshots below show the value global vector adds to FTX Australia, showing how the developers took the time to match Australian vegetation and parks in FTX global. I paid for that, so i want it.

My workaround is the only viable solution. If they really want to tell their customers to "TURN IT OFF" as a solution to this, then there is a problem.

Sorry i know OpenLC is not a region, however it is landclass, which works exactly the same as landclass in a region package. This is just terminology semantics, which is a major problem when discussing FTX products.

nogolfcourses no EXX.jpg

without vector.jpg

perthscenery.jpg

Thank you again for your contribution.

As far as I am aware, FTX Australia is the only regional product that does not exclude all other influences

before creating its own.

The two products are many years apart and Vector had not been conceived when Australia was released.

For this reason, is does not work as well with Vector as it does without.

As far as I am aware, OpenLC does not exclude Vector either, hence the issue with the golf courses.

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thank you again for your contribution.

As far as I am aware, FTX Australia is the only regional product that does not exclude all other influences

before creating its own.

The two products are many years apart and Vector had not been conceived when Australia was released.

For this reason, is does not work as well with Vector as it does without.

As far as I am aware, OpenLC does not exclude Vector either, hence the issue with the golf courses.

I am really glad you pointed out this thing about shutting off Vector in AU. Its amazing how this escaped me given all these years of reading and flying Orbx land.  Now I stand informed.

And you are like everyone else, there is no way an Aussie flyer should be expected to know they are supposed to find this secret hidden tickbox, whos description doesn't tell you what it does, because that would make ppl like me jump up and down.
The reason you didnt know baout it, is because this so called "fix" is only new, within the last 2 weeks in fact. Perhaps too many complaints about the issue.
I dont want to turn off vector, someone was paid many man hours to apply it to Australia, and I respect that.

Archived