FSX: SE - FS Global 2010 Add-On (Sale advice)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/379551

I have so far all the FTX Orbx Global DLC - Global Base, Global Vector, OpenLC Alaska/canada, OpenLC EU, TreesHD & I also have Active Sky Next Steam edition

would my experience be enhanced with FSX: SE - FS Global 2010 Add-On?

What would it do better for me or make better? Mountain Bump mapping etc? Would it be a great improvement?

Most orbx addons have used Global 2010 as their mesh test bed. Having more detailed mesh will enhance all the hilly and mountain regions in greater detail, wordwide if you buy the full set. For orbx regions they mostly include a detailed mesh except for a couple that i can think of like the 2 Ireland sceneries, so additional mesh is not necessary if you fly in FTX Regions. If you want a more detailed Global i.e. non FTX world then yes it would enhance your sim.

Before taking the plunge on Global 2010, you can try using FreeMesh X.  I should state I have both, but I tend more towards FreeMesh X because it uses newer data and issues more frequent updates.

11 hours ago, TonyD said:

Before taking the plunge on Global 2010, you can try using FreeMesh X.  I should state I have both, but I tend more towards FreeMesh X because it uses newer data and issues more frequent updates.

Free sounds interesting.. i will try to find this

16 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

Most orbx addons have used Global 2010 as their mesh test bed. Having more detailed mesh will enhance all the hilly and mountain regions in greater detail, wordwide if you buy the full set. For orbx regions they mostly include a detailed mesh except for a couple that i can think of like the 2 Ireland sceneries, so additional mesh is not necessary if you fly in FTX Regions. If you want a more detailed Global i.e. non FTX world then yes it would enhance your sim.

so if i have global Base i really don't need it much?

1 hour ago, GrumpyOldGamer said:

so if i have global Base i really don't need it much?

As others have said, mesh is included in Orbx's full-fat regions.  Mesh is not included in FTX Global.

If you want enhancement to the default mesh outside the boundaries of the full-fat regions, you'll need a mesh add-on.

For what it's worth, I use the Pilot's Global 2010 mesh product that is on sale now (I purchased mine from the FlightSimStore) and I'm happy with it... BUT I agree with @jjaycee1 that there may be other products with more recent source data.

Just now, bholzer said:

As others have said, mesh is included in Orbx's full-fat regions.  Mesh is not included in FTX Global.

If you want enhancement to the default mesh outside the boundaries of the full-fat regions, you'll need a mesh add-on.

For what it's worth, I use the Pilot's Global 2010 mesh product that is on sale now (I purchased mine from the FlightSimStore) and I'm happy with it... BUT I agree with @jjaycee1 that there may be other products with more recent source data.

ty for clearing that up for me!

3 hours ago, GrumpyOldGamer said:

Free sounds interesting.. i will try to find this

14 hours ago, TonyD said:

I cannot find this.. Link anyone?

Archived