Doing a fresh installation of all Orbx products and need some advice

WebMaximus

I just wiped my PC and performed a fresh re-installation of both Windows 10 Pro and Prepar3D_v3_Professional_3.3.5.17625 and now I would like to know what the best way forward is when it comes to your products.

I own FTX Global, FTX openLC Europe and FTX Vector and obviously I would like to install the most recent versions of all these products right from start rather than installing older versions only to then start updating the first thing I do. I also remember some of the installers didn't work 100% OK last time I re-installed my PC but gave some error messages although I was later told these error messages could be ignored. Still it would be nice when I just did a complete fresh installation of my P3D rig to be able to use installers that won't give you error messages.

So I guess my real question is if the installers for the products mentioned above have been updated by now for full P3V3 compatibility? Then it would make sense for me to re-download all of them. Checking the installation files I currently have on my disk they are named as below and as far as I can tell looking over at flightsimstore.com these still appear to be the latest full installers - correct?

OrbxFTXGlobalBASE140.exe

OrbxFTXopenLC_EU120.exe

OrbxFTXGlobalVECTOR130.exe (and I also have what seems to be an update called OrbxFTXGlobalVector135.exe)

OK, thanks for confirming meaning I'll go ahead using my current installers.

I do hope however that we'll eventually see updated installers fully P3Dv3 compatible that you're able to run without encountering any error messages. Been a while since these products were released now.

After the migration, or lack thereof in my case, I did a complete reinstall and the above installers worked just fine without any errors.  Furthermore, the migration worked fine as well, after having to perform a reset of the migration script.

I have reinstalled ALL my ORBX-products (yes I have all of them) without any problems. Just a few minor sceneries that doesn´t have installers working for P3D-latest version. Have had NO error messages while installing or running P3D. What error messages do yhou get during installation?

Jack

the Swede in Spain

So maybe it's me doing something wrong then during the installation because I do remember how I got some exception errors due to the installers installing the old version of FTX Central.

Normally what I do is to start by installing FTX Global followed by FTX Vector and openLC. Could it be the order that caused the error messages I got last time I did a fresh installation of all products?

Then about the ORBX Libs, should I install the latest version between each installation of the products mentioned or will it be enough if I install the latest ORBX Libs when I'm done installing all products?

21 minutes ago, tigge said:

jmorvay1971

how can i perform a reset of the migration script ?

This is according to Ben, reiterated by me:

Open a command prompt in windows and paste this in:

"%localappdata%\Orbx\FTXCentral\FTXCentral.exe" /reset_migration /sim:p3dv3

hit enter on your keyboard and let it run.

36 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

So maybe it's me doing something wrong then during the installation because I do remember how I got some exception errors due to the installers installing the old version of FTX Central.

Normally what I do is to start by installing FTX Global followed by FTX Vector and openLC. Could it be the order that caused the error messages I got last time I did a fresh installation of all products?

Then about the ORBX Libs, should I install the latest version between each installation of the products mentioned or will it be enough if I install the latest ORBX Libs when I'm done installing all products?

There's a little "trick" I learned when installing all ORBX content from scratch...start with Global (the latest up-to-date version).  Since it is dubbed "the base", it stands to reason to get that done first and afterwards, test it, run FTX Central, acknowledge the migration and ensure it's stability.  From there, everything should be gravy.

Yep, I always start by installing FTX Global Base and did so this time as well and so far all is good. FTX Central 2 just launched and is currently updating the Orbx Libs to 160528 so guess this means I'm no longer required to install those/that manually.

What worries me a bit is now when I'm about to install openLC and FTX Vector using the old installers. I think it was the FTX Vector installers that gave me these exception error messages last time IIRC.

As far as I can tell, you should have two separate installers for Vector, 130 and 135 (which you show at the top).  I don't remember if I had errors with the first vector install, but regardless, I ran the second one and everything was ok.  No worries my friend, FTX Central is becoming what the name implies, a central application for managing, updating your ORBX scenery. :)

Archived