OpenLC NA

Dog4Zero

Any idea when we can expect the rest of Open LC NA. I know with the new central and all it might be a bit yet. But just take a swing at a date and I'll be happy.  By the way I had no problems with new central, all went smooth  The only main odd on I have is the tongass Fjords, and a few airports. The rest is all ORBX.

My view on this it that the guys are really busy right now dealing with the fallout from the unified migration issues.  I'm sure its very demanding on their time.

We know that it will be available on the market in the near future, whatever that will be, personally I have so much good scenery and good computer now that I could fly for weeks and never get bored.  I am as well going to get the new LC when it arrives but otherwise just being patient.

I believe the latest word from JV was that they were hoping they might have it out by the first week of July, but I think that was before the migration issues. As always with ORBX, they will release it when they feel it is ready, be that 2 weeks from now or 2 months from now. The one thing we do know is that it will be as close to perfect as possible once we have it in our hands.

Development is unpredictable and I understand why ORBX doesn't like to give release dates. Not only can unforeseen issues pop up, but other ideas to add to the product can come up during the process as well. Whenever it's released, it will be many months behind the timeline ORBX orginally had in mind for it, but it will also include many more features and be a much better and broader product as well. Personally, I'm as anxious as anyone, checking the forums daily for any new updates/screenshots, but I'm happy to wait as long as needed and will be first in line the day it's out.

Thank you for bringing up this topic.  I have plenty on my plate right now with scenery I haven't even tried out yet. I'm more than patient, and I have good faith in the Orbx staff. They give us quality, and that is most important of all.

Archived