Bad sceneries [NZ - NZMF Milford Sound - post migration]

Dear ORBX lover,

Last weeks I bought for hundreds Euro's a lot of airports, because of their lovely real looking scenery, as I did specially for NZMF. When I see the pictures on the ORBX FTX site, I was sure to have that too, but it looks awfull. Please have a look at the attached files as where it looks the water is coming from the mountains everywhere. I even see water waves in it :-((

Also see the border of the shadows on the last image. Not natural

Can somebody tell me what I have to do, to see the same nice scenery as ORBX let us see on their site?

Thanks and regards,

Ed

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

settings1.jpg

settings2.jpg

settings3.PNG

• Tim Harris changed the title to Bad sceneries [NZ - NZMF Milford Sound - post migration]

While I didn't have success with the two NZ patches re my texture issues north of NZAA initially, I can report a first success. I just opened FTX Central 2 once and let it doing its magic. In addition, I did non start Prepar3d using SimStarter, as I usually do, but just by calling the exe. I made a short flight from NZAA around the Auckland area, and as far as I can judge all seems to be fine now. Maybe this might help others.

I'll do further investigation including the EGLL area later today after completing some real-life work.

Kind regards, Michael

That's great news Michael.

Not having flown in NZ lately, I don't know if there were problems but would it do any harm if I applied Ben's hotfix anyway?

John

Here are the results of a more thorough investigation.

1. After applying the two NZ fixes AND opening FTX Central 2 and waiting for it it to rebuild the regions, I found no further issues in the surroundings of  Auckland or London. 

2. I can use SimStarter again now, no issues. Despite, as JV states, it's certainly a good idea to start the simulator via its exe (instead for using SimStarter or similar) in case of issues.

3. From my side this thread can be marked as "solved". Thanks for all who helped.

Kind regards, Michael

JohnY I suggest flying at NZPP( one of the glaring problems)and see if you have problems. If you do, then install the 2 fixes offered to date, If no problems then maybe you don't need to install. NZPP was reported by several people as having a texture problem but it has not been clarified if this problem was related to the migration process or if it existed before and was never noticed. The original problem was morphing textures at the airport and surrounding vicinity. The "fix" resolved this issue. The fix introduced a whole load of autogen buildings and trees which were absent initially.

I would recommend you do install both fixes though as a "belt & braces" option.

Michael: Glad to see you are up and running again. I think you have a possible valid point regarding your initial installation of the migration process. Some people may not have run the migration, opened Central to allow a rebuild, then opened their sim via the sim's exe. I did just that, and after the first opening of the sim via the P3D exe, I then started to use SimStarter with no real problems, I would add though that without flying around all the world, I cannot confirm that absolutely everything is fine. I did have the NZ problems (several, and all reported by me or others e.g. Wellington water on hills, NZPP texture morphing) but like you, all were fixed via the 2 "fixes".

On 19-6-2016 at 0:02 PM, jjaycee1 said:

Ed, what other FTX addons do you have in relation to NZ? Also do you have Vector installed, if so it should be disabled for Oceana.

NZMF is for FTX NZSI so please confirm if you have NZSI, then we can try to help you.

Hello jjacayee1

Thanks you and all others too.

I wanted to have NZMF and looked at ORBX wich part of NZ I should use, so I bought New Zealnd South Island too. About disabling, since yesterday I got some updates through FTX Central and noticed it is no longer needed to enable or disble parts, as the latest update provides a automatically switch between countries and regions. Correct me if I am wrong. I noticed too that other environments, like PAHO with also a lot of mountains looks good.

Thanks and regards,

Ed

Hi Ed. If I am reading your reply correctly you are now OK with your scenery at Milford Sound? 

Looking at your scenery library, you look OK except you should have all your non orbx (3rd party) sceneries above FTX. You have Maastricht, Lelystad and Dutch airports way down the bottom. They should be numbers 1,2 & 3 in your scenery library, followed by FTX_orbxlibs and all you FTX sceneries.If you have other addon sceneries after entry 68, as your picture only goes down to entry 68, then they should be above FTX as well.

Archived