What causes white squares on water-screenshots

caaront

Since installing Vector again I get these white squares on water, they disappear pretty quickly but make me nervous about losing good video recordings, and I'd love to fix them anyway.

Thank you.

LMW1fb5d6.jpg

lmw20aee2.jpg

Hi there,

in the FTX Vector Configurator panel, on the Water Features page, uncheck the "Frozen Surface" option, which should get rid of the issue. Then again, if the textures switch from white to normal water on approach that indicates an issue with the mipmaps of the water textures themselves, which Vector or Global Base don't alter. If the 'frozen surface' switch doesn't fix the problem you may want to check any third-party water texture replacements you may use, such as REX.

Cheers, Holger

No go, dialed back the setti.gs some and thought it fixed it but it did not.

Will check around, but it never happened before the last Vector install, weird but I will get it fixed, probably.by accident.

I used to get either white or back squares where textures weren't loading fast enough.  After some research I personally found adding / amending the following entries in fsx.cfg helped as it recognises the greater capabilities of newer graphcs cards, My settings based solely on results, no maths, are:

[DISPLAY]

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=120

TextureMaxLoad=50

Three VERY important things to note.

• Make a note / back up your setings if they are currently present
  • These go under the [DISPLAY] section NOT the [GRAPHICS] section
  • TextureMaxLoad is NOT the same as Texture_Max_Load under the [GRAPHICS] section

Obviously, your system will be different to mine so try different values if the results don't suit or just revert if you get issues, no harm done.

• 1 month later...

Archived